Fuji X100s vs OMD decisions

Gotta point out, though: the X100 sure is a lot prettier! :) Just sayin'....

:) I think that extra 1 cm in height and depth does make quite a difference (the X100 has the extra 1cm in width but it seems less important—or maybe I just truly want to return my OM-D for an X100S!) Put a 17mm or 20mm pancake on the OM-D and I think it's even more.

To cherrywood yes the X-E1 is smaller than the OM-D in two dimensions but the lenses so far are quite bigger.

I get the feeling it's not about the size difference as it is about the camera, as it should be.One is a fantastic fixed lens camera, the other is a more versatile interchangable lens camera.As much as I love my X100, it would not be my only camera.You may feel differently.

I'd go with some of advice some of the others have mentioned: Right now, guys are selling X100's and X10's in the face of the replacements arriving as we speak. These are great cameras, and I'd get one in a heartbeat now, because you've got the rest of your life to go shoot bands and evolve a fig that works best, BUT . . . . . your little girl is only going to grow up once. I'm a big believer that the best camera is the one in your hands right now, and the market offers so many choices, you can research yourself into a headache, and you'll still be trying to figure out what's 'best' while you're driving her to Middle School !

Plus, these cameras are already depreciated ! High on my shopping list is one of these X100's that are showing up in the used market, low frame count and mint, by someone who's just got to have the X100S. In black, please . . . .

Back