Fuji X100T Aperture Priority Question/Concern

Hi Folks,
Well I recently acquired a refurb x100t in exceptional condition. However, I noticed something today shooting out in bright sunlight that I don't understand. Shooting in mechanical shutter in aperture priority, let's say at f2.8, I get a shutter speed displayed in the viewfinder in red at say 1/1200th of sec. I assume this means I'm going to overexpose but why doesn't the camera attempt a shutter speed of say 1/4000 sec? Is it saying that any shutter speed faster than a 1/1200 all the way up to 1/4000 will still cause an over exposure?
Switching over to both the mechanical shutter and the electronic shutter remedies the problem.
Firmware is up to date. Any thoughts are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
. . . David

According to the manual and the spec sheet, the maximum shutter speed at f/2 is 1/1000s, speeding up as one stops down. IIRC, the maximum speed of 1/4000s is available at f/8 and higher. That's why the X100T offers an ND filter and an electronic shutter option.

Leaf shutters have downsides, but they have their upsides, too: silent and you can synchronize the flash with any available shutter speed (as long as your flash is fast enough).

Maybe. So it's a good thing that one can force faster speeds in modes M and S as long as one is ready to live with the consequences wrt bokeh. So it is up to the users to be as progressive as they dare to be.

Back