Fuji X20 -100 to 12800 ISO versus X10

Hij guys,
just fund on dpreview a link leading to flickr where somebody posted the so far best sample pics comparing the X20 to the x10 in ALL Iso sttings, up to 12800!

Ralf Spoerer

Thank you Ralfs Foto - Bude for the stunning work and thanks ryder78 for sharing the link on the dpreview Fine Pix Talk.
I hope everyrbody enjoys the new information which should help making decisions wether to buy or to change (and no, I am not a pixel peeper)

best regards
Fred

Now that's just what I've been looking for.
To my eye it seems that the X20 has a very slight advantage over a 12mps X10 equivalent at ISO 1600 but at base ISO I'm not so sure that the X10 doesn't win.
It's certainly not the leap in resolution that I'd anticipated after reading the Fuji Advertising Material.
Thanks for posting and a great job by Ralfs Foto-Bude

I agree with you Nippa. To my eyes, the X20 has a very slight advantage in terms of detail, especially at high ISO. And the noise reduction algorithm in the X20 also seems improved in that the high iso noise is finer and less plasticky looking after the application of noise reduction. Overall, the improvement in IQ is much smaller than I was hoping for. I was more impressed with the X20's IQ at the time I was looking at the 2048 pixel photos on the other thread named "X20 Low Light Test." But maybe my memory is getting way too hazy and I underestimated the X10. If this difference (or rather similarity) in IQ holds true, the big advantage of the X20 are the improved OVF and location of the AF button. Still good reasons to upgrade! :)

I appreciate Ralfs' work and don't want to be rude after all the time he invested. Some additional images at a wider aperture than f/8 would help. Diffraction effects are hurting the sharpness and fine contrast in these images. Ten years ago the 4MP of a Canon G2 could show fall off after f/4. I guess that means I'm obliged to test for optimum apertures in the X20 after it arrives :eek:

Back