Fuji X20 a Classy or stylish?

Hi again

the countdown for the release is near to his end (except for Asia) and nobody so far asked THE MOST IMPORTANT question for the x20. ;-)))

what do you prefer?
the x20 in the new vintage silver/black look
Or in the classy black in black look?
and why?

may the votes begin

best regards
Fred (desperately looking for arguments for NOT order theX20)

silver/black is my first impulse, because it just looks cooler and sets it apart from the herd of all-black compacts. Maybe add a poll to your post?

I would venture to guess that silver will be the big seller here. That's the one I'd pick. It looks great on the cameras with OVFs, but I'm not crazy about how it looks on the X-E1.

I have the silver X100 and it looks very much like an old rangefinder so does draw much attention.

I personally think I would prefer a black X20 though just to make it less obvious for day to day carry - I do have concerns about the black coating as had some bad experiences with powder coating on a well known blcak camera that cost a fortune!

Absolutely black, like the other X cameras I either own or use, an X10 and a X-E1, both black and beautiful. I dislike two tone cameras and if I'd gotten the X100, it would have been the black edition.

It's close. I'd like silver for the X20 if the front VF window were a wider rectangle instead of nearly square. Black wins by a nose for calling less attention to the VF.

BTW, B&H still shows the chrome X20 with "expected availability Feb. 28" but the black one just as "New Item, Available for pre-order."

I like both a lot. But I pre-ordered the black one (before I canceled it two days ago), because I like the stealthy look. The silver looks more retro and classic though.

I was intending to tape over the X20 sign, which I really think Fuji needs to drop on all their X cameras. It takes away from the "look." For the silver one, finding a tape that matches the silver to cover the X20 would be more difficult.

I was intending to tape over the X20 sign, which I really think Fuji needs to drop on all their X cameras. It takes away from the "look." For the silver one, finding a tape that matches the silver to cover the X20 would be more difficult.

Oh geez. I didn't notice that little addition. Gross. Put it back where it was on the X10, or better yet get rid of it! :(

As far as chrome or black, I'll take the black.

A hateful question. I just would not be able to decide. Both look gorgeous and purposeful.

I'd have to go with the 'Armanius Solution' (which seems like a good title for a Jason Bourne movie) and get both.

I agree that the X10 is nicer looking than the X20. Step backwards adding the label like that. I prefer both the X-E1 and X20 in all black.

I'd go for the silver if it didn't have the name across the front.

I think the name across the front looks just as bad across the black as the silver..but then the viewfinder surround is a bit ugly on the silver one. They both have good and bad points so I'm sticking with my first choice, which is really unlike me!

Sent from my U8815 using Tapatalk 2

I like both a lot. But I pre-ordered the black one (before I canceled it two days ago), because I like the stealthy look. The silver looks more retro and classic though.

I saw a stick on Leica Red Dot on Ebay a while back. That might work.

Speaking of Leica, this is an age-old conundrum, with a simple answer, at least for us Gentleman Amateurs...

Silver in the city, black in the country.

Like tweeds and mohair, or brogues and co-respondents, one should always get it right for fear of questions being raised in one's club - at least.

I rely upon my valet Mr. Lupin to lay out my equipment in the morning, based upon the day's plans. ;)

Sent from another Galaxy

Speaking of Leica, this is an age-old conundrum, with a simple answer, at least for us Gentleman Amateurs...

Silver in the city, black in the country.

Like tweeds and mohair, or brogues and co-respondents, one should always get it right for fear of questions being raised in one's club - at least.

I rely upon my valet Mr. Lupin to lay out my equipment in the morning, based upon the day's plans. ;)

Sent from another Galaxy

Master William (or may I already call you Bill?), I would love to know where one can acquire a gentleman-servant skilled in the photographic arts such as your good Mr. Lupin? If I can't find one, I'm afraid I will have to content myself with a black and silver X20 as I can't bear to have to fuss about in the morning worrying about what kit to take along for the day's photo expedition. :D

Too funny, Bill. Maybe I'll sell more of my current gear so I can buy both. If I ever get an X20, it'll be silver and black in honor of my now sold X100.

Back