Fuji X20 availability update from Amazon

link0000

Rookie
Got a piece of bad new from Amazon where put a pre-order of a X20. The message says:
"Fujifilm X20 12 MP Digital Camera with 3-Inch LCD (Black)"
New Delivery Estimate: April 03, 2013 - April 15, 2013

I was asked to approve the delay, or risk the cancellation of the pre-order. Gaaarrgh! :dash2:

I received this estimation on Feb 5:
Estimated arrival date: March 05, 2013 - May 01, 2013

I was hoping it'll be available earlier than later. Wishful thinking on my part.

Got a piece of bad new from Amazon where put a pre-order of a X20. The message says:
New Delivery Estimate: April 03, 2013 - April 15, 2013

I was asked to approve the delay, or risk the cancellation of the pre-order. Gaaarrgh! :dash2:

Maybe it's a sign...
If I win the X20 Giveaway, I'll have time to cancel the (pre)order.:eek:

Reason I ask, I haven't received such a notification, and I ordered Jan. 19. Also a black X20, and also received the March-May notice at the time. Wonder if they have received notification of how many they'll get in the first batch . . .

Reason I ask, I haven't received such a notification, and I ordered Jan. 19. Also a black X20, and also received the March-May notice at the time. Wonder if they have received notification of how many they'll get in the first batch . . .

Maybe you'll get it in March. I wish this is the case.

Good Luck!

Maybe you'll get it in March. I wish this is the case.

Good Luck!

Thank you. I hope to use it to photograph the Easter Triduum, which is pretty demanding -- much candlelit interior work. That would be the last three days of March. If it doesn't arrive, I will use the X10 as last year. The X10 was remarkable in the circumstances; I am hoping the X20 proves even more so. It is perfect where silence is necessary.

Amazon UK was showing March 10 for delivery, but has now changed to "temporarily unavailable" for the silver X20 and "sign up to be notified when this becomes available" for the black one.

Well after looking at all the samples, trying the RAW converters and looking at the pros and cons and costs I've decided to save about £200 and I'm getting an X10 instead of the X20. It should arrive tomorrow!

I had the X10 (briefly) back in December of 2012, and decided to return it in exchange for the X20 for a couple of reasons:
- no big loss in cost difference, at the time, for much the same hardware and lens quality and a few additional but critical improvements for my shooting style
- the viewfinder in the X20 is already a big upgrade compared to the "peeping hole" in the X10
- slightly faster AF and additional focus peaking in the X20
- I'm a raw user, so the X20 will provide me the same workflow and processing characteristics, albeit a smaller sensor, as my X-Pro1

The only PIA with this change is that I have been without a smallish verstile camera since early January and still waiting for an undetermined amount of time (pre-order through Amazon US).

I had the X10 (briefly) back in December of 2012, and decided to return it in exchange for the X20 for a couple of reasons:
- no big loss in cost difference, at the time, for much the same hardware and lens quality and a few additional but critical improvements for my shooting style
- the viewfinder in the X20 is already a big upgrade compared to the "peeping hole" in the X10
- slightly faster AF and additional focus peaking in the X20
- I'm a raw user, so the X20 will provide me the same workflow and processing characteristics, albeit a smaller sensor, as my X-Pro1

The only PIA with this change is that I have been without a smallish verstile camera since early January and still waiting for an undetermined amount of time (pre-order through Amazon US).
I figured that what I would really like in the VF is a live histogram, and the X20 doesn't have that. Faster AF wasn't really crucial for me either when I thought about it. So what I think I will do now is put the money I've saved towards a second hand X100... maybe in a few months when there are more on the market as people upgrade. Maybe tomorrow if I have a rush of blood to the head :)

Link0000, depscribe or any other Amazon pre-orderers,
Have you gotten any further updates from Amazon? Their public notice has changed to "usually ships in 3-5 weeks."

Today I asked a about my pre-order and was told the date in distribution channels is March 29th, with a few days wiggle room before or after. The dealer is smaller than Amazon, Adorama or B&H. I'm #2 on their list with an order placed Feb 3rd. A friend is #1, just to make me jealous :)

I placed my order on Amazon US on feb 6th, and when I emailed about an update last week, was told it would still be delivered within the March-April timeframe but they upgraded me to free 2-day shipping to 'compensate' for the uncertainty/inconvenience. Two days later my arrival window got adjusted to April 9-17th and was asked to confirm my approval for the delay...

mine is listed to be delivered tomorrow, but also "shipping soon," so delivery tomorrow is going to be a neat trick. alas.

UPDATE: just received email from amazon saying it has shipped and will indeed be here tomorrow. so. am happy and looking forward to it. as anyone here might have guessed. so i'll have a few days for it and me to make friends before i shoot the triduum with it next weekend.

Back