Fuji X30 what changes would you make to the X20?

I know it is very premature but what are things you find lacking or perhaps could be made better on the X20?

There are a couple of things I would change. First I would make the lens just a bit longer on the tele end, 135mm equivalent. I would change the EV dial to shutter speed or maybe have two dials stacked. I would add a focus ring in front of the zoom ring. As a glasses wearer I would add an enlarged eyecup as an option. A flip LCD might be useful too.

Shutter speed dial under exposure compensation dial would rock. Better viewfinder coverage would be great also.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

An APS-C sensor probably isn't realistic in a compact body with a fast-ish zoom lens, but how about a 1-inch sensor, to match the Sony RX100?

-R

Before the X20 was formally announced I was guessing/hoping it might include a 1" sensor. It would be interesting to see that in the future, with the same fast lens of course.

I wouldn't mind a flip-up screen as well.

Realizing that the fast lens would grow quite large with a 1" sensor (don't you hate physics), I'd say:

- Shutter speed dial on top
- Better OVF coverage than the current 85%
- Higher-res touch screen
- Tilt-able flash
- The ability to take regular filters without adapters

The chief change I'd make at this point would be to make it available for purchase. Unavailability seems to be the X20's primary shortcoming.

I can't agree with this one. At this point (as I'm happy with my gear) I'd rather talk about new models and the next set of new models without any of them being offering for sale. Much less tempting that way.

The chief change I'd make at this point would be to make it available for purchase. Unavailability seems to be the X20's primary shortcoming.

100% agree, no point in speculating / hoping / suggesting for a poss X30 when the X20 is not readily available.

By the time Fuji look at a replacement for X20 we may be into the realms of APS sensors with lenses of an equivalent size / capability that will fit into a small body shell.

no point in speculating / hoping / suggesting for a poss X30 when the X20 is not readily available.

Sure there is! For one thing Fuji engineers are right now working on it, if only on paper or in a computer. Us posting a few things like this informs Fuji of what we want to see in the next release. Second there is always hope and it is fun to wish for better things. If humanity looses hope and stops dreaming, we are doomed!

Sure there is! For one thing Fuji engineers are right now working on it, if only on paper or in a computer. Us posting a few things like this informs Fuji of what we want to see in the next release. Second there is always hope and it is fun to wish for better things. If humanity looses hope and stops dreaming, we are doomed!

It would seem advatageous to photographers and to Fuji to consider feedback based on use of the X20. There is a distinct possibility that they will be able to discern the difference between gadget gossip, and feedback from photographers who have actually used an X20. I'm certainly glad that in iterations to date Fuji have paid attention to users who want benefits, and not so much to those who live to compare features.

Personally I don't think camera companies should release cameras. I think they should just put out spec sheets for potential cameras then after everyone complains about the feature set on that model of potential camera, they can make upgrades to their next potential camera spec sheet ad infinitum.....

Personally I don't think camera companies should release cameras. I think they should just put out spec sheets for potential cameras then after everyone complains about the feature set on that model of potential camera, they can make upgrades to their next potential camera spec sheet ad infinitum.....

Perfect. Now that is innovation. Vast resources would be saved, and those who actually want to make photographs could keep doing so with the stuff that was amazing a few years ago.

:2thumbs: I agree! All too often they go on what they think or what their people think we want. Often they get it right but sometimes they miss by a mile.

Back