Fuji Showcase XC 50-230 Samples

First early morning photos with the new lens, shortly before the rain hit. The panning shot isn't as sharp as I would have liked, but it's probably the best I could get in the low light.

DSCF8923.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

DSCF8924.JPG

DSCF8926.JPG

I was messing around to test OIS. I set the camera to ISO 200, F16, and Av, and shot this hand held, with my arm resting against a wall. FL was 90mm. The camera picked 2/3s as the SS. When I tried F22, the SS went up to 1.4s, and I had some blur. Gives me an idea how far I can push hand held shots when I'm in the woods, although I'd likely never go smaller than F8.

DSCF8931.JPG

On the other hand, my BIF attempts with a pair of hummingbirds that were buzzing all over a large patch of various flowers growing along a creek were sadly lacking. I managed a couple of resting pics from long distances away, so these are heavily cropped.

DSCF8999H2.JPG

DSCF9002H2.JPG

All the recent talk about the 50-230 and images had me wanting to get out the one we have and shoot with it more. Such a great bang for the buck lens. And as a testament to the newer 24mp, the first shot is iso10,000 with no noise reduction.
i-c4b2KHr-L.jpg

i-nrCr9c8-L.jpg

On the other hand, my BIF attempts with a pair of hummingbirds that were buzzing all over a large patch of various flowers growing along a creek were sadly lacking. I managed a couple of resting pics from long distances away, so these are heavily cropped.

View attachment 32438
View attachment 32439
Tony you and Kyle sure are getting a lot out of that combo. As I still have the XT1 this makes me want it more. Beautiful shots.

Last edited by a moderator:
All the recent talk about the 50-230 and images had me wanting to get out the one we have and shoot with it more. Such a great bang for the buck lens. And as a testament to the newer 24mp, the first shot is iso10,000 with no noise reduction.
View attachment 32453
View attachment 32452
Bobby this is amazing @ 10,000 ISO and this lens is the sleeper of the century. I have the 55-200, just need to get out and shoot. Our budget year ends in Sept so I should free up some time and maybe the temps will get out of the 100's. Nice stuff

Thank you, Tim.

The 55-200 is an amazing lens. The recent thread titled a day at the Detroit Zoo is a prime example of the 55-200's capabilities.Looking forward to what you do with it.

Good work, all. I'm sure I'd struggle to get a hummingbird in flight with the 50-230. Larger focus box, prefocus on something about the right distance away to get the lens close... probably a good candidate for that AF Wide tracking deal. Could work against a sky background?

Back