Fuji XE-2 Predictive Focus Tracking

I would think predictive AF should work on multi-point as long as it's in the center area where the phase detect pixels are.

Since there is no limitation statet in the manual of the xe2, the predictive af should work on every af point not only the ones in the center area. If you take a look into the manual of xt1 you will find that predictive af of the xt1 isnt limited on af points of the center, at least if you use CF-L. If you want to use CF-H the predictive af is limited on the 9 centerpoints.

I have already posted several samples, so there's no need for verbal comment, as this typically amounts to contradicting opinions ("it's fast enough", "no, it's not fast enough", etc.). ;) I always try to avoid telling others what is or isn't good enough for them.

Folks should judge for themselves.

X-T1: Fujifilm X-T1 Predictive PDAF Sample Series
X-E2: X-E2 Tracking AF

Can you recommend a certain lens/af mode/shutter press/drive mode combo that provides the best tracking? I tried tonight with both 18-55 and the 60mm and the 60 could hardly track at all.

Can you recommend a certain lens/af mode/shutter press/drive mode combo that provides the best tracking? I tried tonight with both 18-55 and the 60mm and the 60 could hardly track at all.

There is only one drive mode that tracks: C low speed. Single shot beats the purpose, even though is should work, too.
AF-C is a given, anyway.

Back