Fuji XE1 Really right stuff bottom camera plate/anyone have one and your thoughts on same.

Haven't really ordered it per se, but I was looking at the photos from their site and while the battery slot looks useful the entire set up looks bulkier than the native Fuji handgrip.

Haven't really ordered it per se, but I was looking at the photos from their site and while the battery slot looks useful the entire set up looks bulkier than the native Fuji handgrip.
Phoenix, I was thinking just the bottom plate as this will then allow me to position the camera /lens centered over the ball head to do panos. The tripod socket is not centered on the XE1, and I do not understand why Fuji could not have centered it, unless they did not have the vertical height needed to do same, would have rather had the XE1 3/16" taller with centered Tripod socket.

I had the RRS plate for my X10 and loved it, but to do panos and be able to take take out battery and card while on the tripod I will have to get the RRS plate for the XE1.
O well.....
Dennis.

Back