Fuji xe2(need) xt1(want)

weeowee

Rookie
I know this has been in multiple threads but seeing as i havent had a chance to talk to anyone with both cams which one would you get if you have a budget for 1 of them? i would be using adapted and native lenses on it. if i get the xe2 ill have money left over for a lens. or just the xt1 and then use the lenses that i have for the mean time. i have the 18-55mm , and 3 adapted lenses. i was leaning towards the xt1 bec of the bigger size and grip, i was thinking it will balance more with my nikon 105f2.8 macro. as for other features i think the xe2 have what i need but something about the xt1 keeps calling to me

Sent from my iPhone using FujiXspot

Well, I've had an X-E1 and currently have an X-Pro1 and an X-T1. If I was choosing between X-E2 and X-T1 I would consider whether I was more comfortable with a "rangefinder" or a "SLR" form factor; in other words, hump or no hump, eyeball centre, or eyeball to the left. I'd also consider whether I was a heavy zoom user or more of a prime person.

Personally, I am 80% rangefinder, 20% SLR in my preferences - ymmv. With firmware upgrades there is otherwise little to choose between the two cameras you are considering, and both will do the job for you. I'd not worry too much about lenses - leave that to the passage of time. I have the grip on the X-T1, by the way, and do regard it as necessary for longer, heavier lenses. However, I also have the iShoot grip on the X-Pro1 and had one on my old X-E1 so don't let that hold you back.

Hope this helps!

wow thank you very much. i have 2 good deals offered to me one is for a slightly used xt1 body for around 1100 and the a slightly used xe2 for around 625. both of them have around only 1k shutter count. that's why i'm trying to decide. :)

I had an X-E1 and swapped to the Xt1, tried it and sold it on and bought a used X-E2 that I'm very happy with. I also use a rangefinder and find that the X-E2 suits my style much better. Good luck with your choice :)

I'm happier with the rangefinder form-factor. I'm glad to be away from a camera where I am mashing my nose against the back of it to shoot, lol. With the X-E2 I can keep both eyes open in the viewfinder for some "situational awareness" better than I could on the DSLR style body -- and I just find it more comfortable to shoot.

I like the controls on the X-T1, but not enough to spring for one. Just haven't fallen "out of love" with the X-E2 the way I did with, say, most of my micro four thirds cameras. All great cameras, but this one suits me better.

decided to go with the xt1 bec it balanced the manual lenses better. also the good deal with the xe2 didnt workout and a brand new one cost very near the second hand xt1:)

Back