Fuji XE3 Camping in Oregon

KillRamsey

Hall of Famer
Name
Kyle
Grab-n-go kinda trip, just grabbed the bag that already had the XE3, 23 f2, and 35 f1.4 in it. Out the door, trying in vain to get some local campsites, already full. Eventually wound up climbing towards a tiny alpine lake, but got stopped when the old 4runner got stuck in snow. Took 45 mins to free it, then we backtracked a 1/4 mile to a turnout logging road primitive campsite (aka "a flat spot with a rock ring and a view.") Spent two awesome nights here.

Some pics...

When I thought I could make it.
KBRY2120.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Spoiler alert from the next day... it turned into this not far ahead, for another 4 miles.
KBRY2202.jpg

Our spot, with a view of Mt Hood.
KBRY2125.jpg

KBRY2155.jpg

Two different views of Hood...
KBRY2233.jpg

KBRY2258.jpg

Grab-n-go kinda trip, just grabbed the bag that already had the XE3, 23 f2, and 35 f1.4 in it. Out the door, trying in vain to get some local campsites, already full. Eventually wound up climbing towards a tiny alpine lake, but got stopped when the old 4runner got stuck in snow. Took 45 mins to free it, then we backtracked a 1/4 mile to a turnout logging road primitive campsite (aka "a flat spot with a rock ring and a view.") Spent two awesome nights here.

Some pics...

When I thought I could make it.
View attachment 255706

Spoiler alert from the next day... it turned into this not far ahead, for another 4 miles.
View attachment 255708

Our spot, with a view of Mt Hood.
View attachment 255709

View attachment 255711

Two different views of Hood...
View attachment 255712

View attachment 255713

Times for the family to remember for the rest of their lives.

Back