Fuji XE3 stuck in MF

KillRamsey

Hall of Famer
Name
Kyle
Looks like I'll have to send it in for service.

I was working a bike race, shooting mostly video, and switched between MF and AF via the usual front switch. Switching it into AF again, it kept showing the peaking highlights of manual focus. Sure enough, it wasn't responsive. Only way I can get it to auto focus for video (I know about the AFL lock button, which works in MF, but for video I NEED Constant AF), is to use the "AUTO" switch on the top, what I usually call the "easy/cheesey" switch. It overrides everything and just runs it all for you.

At least I'll get the peeling rubber grip reglued at the same time. Still sad, though. I'm shooting a ton right now, this isn't convenient.

Looks like I'll have to send it in for service.

I was working a bike race, shooting mostly video, and switched between MF and AF via the usual front switch. Switching it into AF again, it kept showing the peaking highlights of manual focus. Sure enough, it wasn't responsive. Only way I can get it to auto focus for video (I know about the AFL lock button, which works in MF, but for video I NEED Constant AF), is to use the "AUTO" switch on the top, what I usually call the "easy/cheesey" switch. It overrides everything and just runs it all for you.

At least I'll get the peeling rubber grip reglued at the same time. Still sad, though. I'm shooting a ton right now, this isn't convenient.
Have you tried using an electrical contact cleaner for the switch? I have something like this for my electronics:
1635987333784.png

It's able to cure even the click-scroll wheels in some cameras. It solved the jumpy wheel in my GX1 after around four rounds.

Back