Fuji XF 18mm noisy?

This brings me back to my first Nikon 85mm 1.8. It was a beater non-d. Sounded like a rattle snake. An angry one too.

I have the 18 and 35 and am used to the noise.
On a side note the 23 F2 is pretty silent and a little wider than 23. Could be a nice alternative.

Outside of the Fujicrons, most Fuji glass is relatively noisy. Some lenses more than others - 18mm, 27mm, 35mm being the worst cultprits.

Especially when comparing to my Sony FE glass (28mm/35mm/55mm/85mm), which is all near silent. Have to put the lens right up to my ear to hear anything.

Outside of the Fujicrons, most Fuji glass is relatively noisy. Some lenses more than others - 18mm, 27mm, 35mm being the worst cultprits.

Especially when comparing to my Sony FE glass (28mm/35mm/55mm/85mm), which is all near silent. Have to put the lens right up to my ear to hear anything.
Actually my 27mm isn't too bad by comparison.
This brings me back to my first Nikon 85mm 1.8. It was a beater non-d. Sounded like a rattle snake. An angry one too.

I have the 18 and 35 and am used to the noise.
On a side note the 23 F2 is pretty silent and a little wider than 23. Could be a nice alternative.
Debating what's next, maybe the 50mm. I got the 18mm and 27mm because I like the focal length. I know the 23mm and 35mm are newer with faster and quieter AF, I'm not just sure they're for me.

Back