Fuji Showcase XF 60mm

tonyturley

Legend
Nov 24, 2014
Scott Depot, WV, USA
Tony
Barn Swallows are bizarre little birds. In sunny weather, they land on the window sill, twist their head sideways and lay their head on the ledge, sometimes fanning out their wings and/or tail, then fly away after 2 or 3 minutes. I've sent photos like this to two local bird experts, and they both said it was the first time they've ever heard of such behavior. Surely I'm not the only one to ever document this? XF 60 on my X-T1.

tonyturley

Legend
Nov 24, 2014
Scott Depot, WV, USA
Tony
I found a plant totally new to me on today's bike ride. I had never heard of it: Smallanthus uvedalia, aka Hairy Leafcup or Bear's Foot. Huge, toothy leaves arranged oppositely on the stem. Grows over 6 feet tall. I saw only a single plant growing along a mostly shaded portion of an old boundary trail. I rode my bike a bit over 20 miles in a giant triangle around the forest, and didn't see any other samples of this plant. Bird deposited, maybe? Whichever, I'm really liking the XF 60 on the X-T1.

pdurand

Top Veteran
Mar 17, 2016
And that without a tilting screen, chapeau!
Merci! At this height, I can't use a tripod. Lying on the ground was the more stable way to take the picture in macro mode. In this position, a tilting screen is not very useful... :)

Latest posts

Latest threads

Top Bottom