Fuji Showcase XF 60mm

Just picked up my mint condition copy from the Post Office this morning. Not a bad medium distance landscape lens at all. Resolving power to my eyes is better than the Pentax-M 50mm/1.4 I was using, and that's a decent adapted lens. Classic Chrome on the X-T1.

DSCF8618.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

DSCF8622.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Barn Swallows are bizarre little birds. In sunny weather, they land on the window sill, twist their head sideways and lay their head on the ledge, sometimes fanning out their wings and/or tail, then fly away after 2 or 3 minutes. I've sent photos like this to two local bird experts, and they both said it was the first time they've ever heard of such behavior. Surely I'm not the only one to ever document this? XF 60 on my X-T1.

DSCF8641.JPG

DSCF8642.JPG

I found a plant totally new to me on today's bike ride. I had never heard of it: Smallanthus uvedalia, aka Hairy Leafcup or Bear's Foot. Huge, toothy leaves arranged oppositely on the stem. Grows over 6 feet tall. I saw only a single plant growing along a mostly shaded portion of an old boundary trail. I rode my bike a bit over 20 miles in a giant triangle around the forest, and didn't see any other samples of this plant. Bird deposited, maybe? Whichever, I'm really liking the XF 60 on the X-T1.

DSCF8688-2.JPG

DSCF8689-2.JPG

Back