Fuji XF1 Arrived Today And...

Just received mine a couple days ago.
Couldn't be more pleased.
Happy with the size, handling, and familiar menus.
Also like the other shooting features.
Definitely a keeper.

I bought one yesterday!! In tan, really looking forward to using it, my local PC World/Currys had an offer that the genuine Fuji case was only£20 when purchased with the x f1. Had to be done!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 347
I bought one yesterday!! In tan, really looking forward to using it, my local PC World/Currys had an offer that the genuine Fuji case was only£20 when purchased with the x f1. Had to be done!

Can't blame you for being tempted....I am at this price too !

However I have some GAS choices to make, an XF1 or an more expensive ( & better camera ? ) XQ1, available soon here in the UK, or a LF1...or a GM1 to compliment my micro 4/3rds equipment ??????????

Too many choices! :confused:
I need help with this, having read all the posts on the XF1 & seeing the photos posted on here, I'm impressed by it.(y) Maybe the extra outlay for the XQ1at £349.00 is justified & equally for the LF1, currently priced at £ 319.00 in the UK.

The GM1 is listed at £629.00, so a lot more money to find but as I have a G3 & a GX1 plus some lenses then this might be the more 'sensible' choice for me ?

I also recently received a TZ40,which is my everyday camera at the moment, so it seems I might be considered a 'died-in-the wool' Panny Guy;)

What I'd like is a pocketable good quality camera that has manual controls & built-in effects, will shoot RAW plus can produce good JPEGS, so I do not end up spending hours on the pc editing & tweaking my photos & that I can take around with me on a daily basis.

Your thoughts on my dilemma are much appreciated. Looking forward to reading them !

Can't blame you for being tempted....I am at this price too !

However I have some GAS choices to make, an XF1 or an more expensive ( & better camera ? ) XQ1, available soon here in the UK, or a LF1...or a GM1 to compliment my micro 4/3rds equipment ??????????

Too many choices! :confused:
I need help with this, having read all the posts on the XF1 & seeing the photos posted on here, I'm impressed by it.(y) Maybe the extra outlay for the XQ1at £349.00 is justified & equally for the LF1, currently priced at £ 319.00 in the UK.

The GM1 is listed at £629.00, so a lot more money to find but as I have a G3 & a GX1 plus some lenses then this might be the more 'sensible' choice for me ?

I also recently received a TZ40,which is my everyday camera at the moment, so it seems I might be considered a 'died-in-the wool' Panny Guy;)

What I'd like is a pocketable good quality camera that has manual controls & built-in effects, will shoot RAW plus can produce good JPEGS, so I do not end up spending hours on the pc editing & tweaking my photos & that I can take around with me on a daily basis.

Your thoughts on my dilemma are much appreciated. Looking forward to reading them !

I was put off by the "toggle" zoom on the Xq1 & that it probably will retail at £150 more than than the XF 1. I also prefer the mini Leica look & feel. My only other choice would have been a refurbished x20 direct from Fuji but they are not pocket friendly!!

Thanks everyone, I'm hoping to try out an XF1 tomorrow, if there are any in stock as none of the local branches of Currys /PCWorld seem to have any ! Doh !

How can you try out any camera to see if you like its handling if there's none about ?

I was put off by the "toggle" zoom on the Xq1 & that it probably will retail at £150 more than than the XF 1. I also prefer the mini Leica look & feel. My only other choice would have been a refurbished x20 direct from Fuji but they are not pocket friendly!!

I have the XF1 and like it a lot. But I wonder if that toggle zoom on the XQ1 is infinitely variable or whether it forces to you predetermined focal lengths. The XQ1 does have one advantage: better exposure logic.

Dumb question but, how does one quickly recenter the AF point when using area focus mode? Right now I have to click, click, click the four-way selector pad until the AF is in the center again. I couldn't find anything in the PDF manual.

XF1 down to $199 on Amazon today!

I had one in my cart for a few days and I just pulled the trigger. I wonder how it will compare to my XZ-1, which I love but I am looking for a good JPEG compact.

Except for wide open in the 25-28mm range, the XF1's lens isn't as fast as the XZ-1. But you now have that larger 2/3" sensor and an excellent image processing engine in the Fuji. General image quality is at least as good as the Oly and higher ISO performance is better with the XF1.

Except for wide open in the 25-28mm range, the XF1's lens isn't as fast as the XZ-1. But you now have that larger 2/3" sensor and an excellent image processing engine in the Fuji. General image quality is at least as good as the Oly and higher ISO performance is better with the XF1.
Thank you for your answer, that's just what I was hoping to hear. The XZ-1's jpeg smears quite badly above ISO 400, especially in low light. I know, RAW is the way to go, but it seems to be a rather steep learning curve, I still haven't figured out a good workflow and I don't have much free time at all (work + small kids). If it turns out to be good at 25-28mm I'll be a happy camper. For longer focal lengths I have good JPEGS from my old e-pl2.

Great prices. I just recommended an XF-1 to one of my students this morning after they asked what "point and shoot" they should buy. 'Still my favorite pocket camera.
I took this shot yesterday with my XF-1 of my wife during a walk we took. Very light adjustments in LR5. ISO 200 from a JPEG.
Edit - a couple of things I forgot to mention. Camera was in aperture priority and I used fill flash. A very overcast day in northern Vermont. 'Thought that might be handy information for those considering purchasing an XF-1.
. . . David

Attachments

• Darlene - November 2013 (1 of 1).jpg
    Darlene - November 2013 (1 of 1).jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 272
When using high ISO with static subject, put the XF1 on the pro-low light mode. It's under the advanced menu. It's similar to Sony's multi-shot noise reduction/twilight/handheld night shot. But Fuji seems to do a better job with it. The XF1 makes excellent 6 mp ISO 3200 photos with little noise, while still retaining good detail. Only good for static subjects though.

Back