Fuji XF1 question regarding clicking in lens

jwr

Rookie
I jumped at the chance to pickup an XF1 for under $300 to go along with my X-E1 and X20. So far I've been very pleasantly surprised. I've been shooting JPG and enjoying the quality. It reminds me of why I liked my X10 so much and how different it is from the X20.

My only concern at this point is that it makes a light clicking noise while zooming the lens in or out. It's a consistently spaced noise which leads me to believe it may be designed that way and its very light. Normally I wouldn't worry about it but this camera was listed as brand-new from an Amazon seller but it had obviously been opened and handled before I got it. I have 30 days either way I just want to make sure it's normal.

I like this thing enough to ditch my RX100. The Sony had much better IQ but I never enjoyed using it at all. It wasn't any fun so I sold it. The XF1 fits nicely in my pocket and fits in with my other Fujis. I think for under $300 it's a heck of a deal.

I've also been using it with my little EF-X20 flash as a slave. Good fun!

View attachment 14146

Sounds like a great deal, and it works just like the X10. So if you know how to master EXR, you can extract amazing results from this camera whith RAW and Lightroom. I would not worry about the clicking, as long as everything works as expected. Sounds normal to me.

Thanks for the reply! I haven't heard anyone else mention the clicking so I'm just curious.

I had an X10 for over a year and a half and loved it. I sold it a few months ago and got the X20 and then an X-E1. I'd forgetten how different the images were between the X10 and X20 (both are great but still different). This XF1 reminds me why I liked the X10 so much. I'm also very happy with the way the XF1 handles. I imagine that just like my X10 I'll mostly shoot JPG with the XF1 and continue to shoot raw from the X20.

I'm looking to buy a XF1. But haven't found any really good deals for it anywhere. Cheapest new ones are still in the $360-380 range.
There are Amazon Marketplace sellers for under $300 listing them as new in sealed packaging. That's how I got mine but it had obviously been opened before I got it. It did appear to be new and I've been having a lot of fun with it.

Amazon has a policy that prevents the little Marketplace sellers from listing items as *new* so you'll find these under the used section and the description will say they're new in box.

It's a great camera for $300 or less but I wouldn't go much higher.

View attachment 14283

Back