• Cameraderie, a friendly photography forum for photographers and camera enthusiasts!
    If you are looking for critique, tips, advice, buying recommendations, or just want to talk to fellow enthusiasts then join now for free!

Fuji Showcase XF14mmF2.8 R samples

taz98spin

Top Veteran
Jun 1, 2012
This is one lens that I really wanted but decided to wait on because of the 23/1.4 was "suppose" to be released 1st half of 2013.. but since that got pushed back to end of the year or early 2014, I maybe able to justify getting it too!

Ray Sachs

Legend
Sep 21, 2010
Not too far from Philly
Fuji 14mm f/2.8 R

OK, the 14mm's are showing up now. I got one yesterday. Its a big lens, very solid and the snap focus ring works well, but the camera interacts with the snap ring very differently than with the Olympus lenses with this feature. Not a great lens with the OVF, because it appears a bit wider than the OVF field of view and because the lens blocks quite a bit of that wide view, an enormous amount with the hood on. I really like the OVF a lot more than the EVF on this camera, so this is a big strike against. Anyway, I went out briefly this morning to the farmer's market despite the very cold weather and lack of any dexterity in my fingers and did a little bit of shooting, just to get the feel for this lens. Here are three to start. I hope to get into Philly sometime in the next week or so and give it a good play to see if this lens is gonna be a keeper for me. I like it, but I'm having some doubts...

View attachment 9244

View attachment 9245

View attachment 9246

-Ray

Ray Sachs

Legend
Sep 21, 2010
Not too far from Philly
ARRGGHH - sorry Rico, I missed yours. I'd seen the one over on Serious Compacts (although I put these up in another discussion thread of the lens over there too - I should move them). If Amin or one of the mods (are there mods yet?) want to move this over and delete this thread, I'd be more than fine with that.

-Ray

Steve B.

Regular
Feb 2, 2013
Mine just showed up today. I took a few pictures with it at lunch. I am VERY impressed. I will be using this lens a lot. I'll try and take something that's actually worth posting this weekend. It's extremely well built, focuses as fast if not a little faster than the 18, the MF implementation is actually usable. From the 5 test shots I took optically it may be the best wide angle I've ever used. It's expensive but not overpriced based on it's performance. You just can't compare a $500 or $600 wide angle zoom to it. It's a very high quality lens. Good job Fuji. It's really good at F2.8 from what I've seen, which admittedly was 3 shots at F2.8.

Latest threads

Top Bottom