• Cameraderie, a friendly photography forum for photographers and camera enthusiasts!
    If you are looking for critique, tips, advice, buying recommendations, or just want to talk to fellow enthusiasts then join now for free!

Fuji Showcase XF14mmF2.8 R samples

depscribe

Regular
Feb 17, 2013
the deep Appalachian woods
Okay. The 14 arrived about two hours ago; it was gray and stormy and not infrared-friendly. In that I got the lens for shooting infrared (the 10-24 is not good for IR), I waited until the sun came out, which it did a few minutes ago. I'm in love with this lens!

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

depscribe

Regular
Feb 17, 2013
Delivery got canceled, so I took a trip to the sprawling greater Amesville metropolitan area, in Ohio.

Across the street there's a farmer's field.

Though the thundershorms were gone, the wind remained.

depscribe

Regular
Feb 17, 2013
Here's a weather experiment -- I hope to get a handle on IR in all kinds of conditions -- taken across the holler during a moderate rain shower. It seems, though I cannot prove it, that infrared cuts through the clouds and rain better than visible light does. The far hillside was as dark as the foreground in visible light, but seems sunlit in the picture. Strange, huh.

I actually had to bring the highlights down a bit in post.

I have to say -- some of these look like medieval Japanese wall hangings, don't they.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Top Bottom