Fuji Showcase XF14mmF2.8 R samples

This is one lens that I really wanted but decided to wait on because of the 23/1.4 was "suppose" to be released 1st half of 2013.. but since that got pushed back to end of the year or early 2014, I maybe able to justify getting it too!

Fuji 14mm f/2.8 R

OK, the 14mm's are showing up now. I got one yesterday. Its a big lens, very solid and the snap focus ring works well, but the camera interacts with the snap ring very differently than with the Olympus lenses with this feature. Not a great lens with the OVF, because it appears a bit wider than the OVF field of view and because the lens blocks quite a bit of that wide view, an enormous amount with the hood on. I really like the OVF a lot more than the EVF on this camera, so this is a big strike against. Anyway, I went out briefly this morning to the farmer's market despite the very cold weather and lack of any dexterity in my fingers and did a little bit of shooting, just to get the feel for this lens. Here are three to start. I hope to get into Philly sometime in the next week or so and give it a good play to see if this lens is gonna be a keeper for me. I like it, but I'm having some doubts...

View attachment 9244

View attachment 9245

View attachment 9246

-Ray

ARRGGHH - sorry Rico, I missed yours. I'd seen the one over on Serious Compacts (although I put these up in another discussion thread of the lens over there too - I should move them). If Amin or one of the mods (are there mods yet?) want to move this over and delete this thread, I'd be more than fine with that.

-Ray

Mine just showed up today. I took a few pictures with it at lunch. I am VERY impressed. I will be using this lens a lot. I'll try and take something that's actually worth posting this weekend. It's extremely well built, focuses as fast if not a little faster than the 18, the MF implementation is actually usable. From the 5 test shots I took optically it may be the best wide angle I've ever used. It's expensive but not overpriced based on it's performance. You just can't compare a $500 or $600 wide angle zoom to it. It's a very high quality lens. Good job Fuji. It's really good at F2.8 from what I've seen, which admittedly was 3 shots at F2.8.

Attachments

• DE HS Library (1 of 1).jpg
    DE HS Library (1 of 1).jpg
    220.4 KB · Views: 1,739
  • untitled (1 of 1).jpg
    untitled (1 of 1).jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 1,064
Back