Fuji Showcase XF27mmF2.8 Samples

i got to say, i really like this lens for what it is - a really good pancake lens for the streets which i can fit the entire camera into my jacket pocket. idk why many people have complained about it taking less than decent images. i would have liked something faster - at least f2.

gape5upe.jpg

^
sooc to phone. trying new b&w settings.

3y2ybuha.jpg

^
my x-t1 has been in some cold weather lately. it has been snowed on, wet-snowed on, hailed on, wind-chilled, and bumped on (paint has come off the corner). it's now my beater.

(Sent from another Galaxy via Tapatalk.)

My 2nd 27

I've had several lenses in this perspective range, the Panny 20mm in m42, the Canon 40mm in FF and a couple of the Fuji 27's. The first one I paid 425 bucks for and only kept it for a few weeks as I traded it for a 35/1.4. With the current instant rebates I picked up another one at $199 and perhaps I'll hang on to this one a little longer!
Great portability and it fits under a jacket on my X-E2. I'd like to see Fuji make a wider pancake to go along with this one.

DSCF0274.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

and it's so easy to pocket it as a second lens.

i threw this on mine as a sort-of pancake hood (lol)...

u4a3u6a9.jpg

urypyhy8.jpg

e3adyqe8.jpg

and if i ever wanted to use a fader or cpl, it's less likely to cause any vignetting.

nop. i think because it's not necessary for this type of lens since they went as far as to ditch the aperture ring to make it as pancake as possible. it's even plastic and from china.

when i was in vegas, i dropped this lens from about a meter high (no rear or front cap on), and it hit right on my first step-up ring and bounced just as high. omg, and no damage as i can tell. lol

i believe the 18 (having the aperture ring) has a hood like the 35.

nop. i think because it's not necessary for this type of lens since they went as far as to ditch the aperture ring to make it as pancake as possible. it's even plastic and from china.

when i was in vegas, i dropped this lens from about a meter high (no rear or front cap on), and it hit right on my first step-up ring and bounced just as high. omg, and no damage as i can tell. lol

i believe the 18 (having the aperture ring) has a hood like the 35.

Thanks for letting me know. I received a new camera bag + was folding laundry when I unboxed the lens, so not sure if it dropped out somewhere or it just didn't have one :p

hi, ambler. it was a matin strap i actually just switched out, yesterday. the grippy part underneath was too stiff, and there was just too much of it, for me. i threw it on my natgeo pouch. however, i do love my soft leather matin which i have on my x-e2. but i didn't want to pay that much for another one and then have to wait for ever for it to deliver from asia. what i have on the x-t1 now is a domke gripper strap that's quickly removable. it was pretty cheap. i like the soft cotton strap with just the right amount of grip underneath. soft, too, so it's gentle on your clothing. it's similar to the straps on my domke bags which i always liked.

yrateduz.jpg

yeah, i think it's a great fov to walk around with. it's been getting the most use of all my lenses. only time i swap is when i need a wide or narrow angle for a particular shot, or when it's dark and i need something faster.

did you use a filter on that second pic? like, in post.

Back