Fuji Showcase XF27mmF2.8 Samples

I just now managed to get around trying this lens, and I got one in September :D

I guess I was thinking, I don't need a pancake because the Fujicrons are small enough themselves.

But I shot a little bit in poor light and am blown away with the rendering. 7 elements in 5 groups. I don't pretend to know the first thing about optical design but it seems to often correlate that the less elements there are, the nicer to my eye the lens renders :eek:

2020-01-17-15-25-DSCF4406.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2020-01-17-15-31-DSCF4412.jpg

Ghost cars 👻

2020-01-17-16-05-DSCF4423.jpg

Last edited:
Just recently got this lens along with the (used) X-E2 which I acquired in a partial trade with a fellow photographer. It's not a razor-sharp or clinically-sharp lens... but it definitely has 'character'.

This was taken inside an ancient (19th century) old cabin that is still standing on part of the rural property where I live. It had been wall-papered - and the wallpaper was actually printed on large rolls of canvas, many of which have partially rotted or fallen away from the cabin's wooden walls.

XE2_Feb19_24_abandoned_19th_century_cabin#2(wallpaper).jpg

It's a lens I have under consideration , I'd like something wider than the 35mm. I'd go with the 2nd version for the aperture ring, I think.

The 2nd version is also WR. But in terms of IQ or optical qualities, my understanding is that both generations of the lens are identical. The earlier version is also a bit less expensive. And like you, I tend to prefer lenses with aperture rings. But, all things considered, the earlier version is still shaping up as a truly versatile and fun-to-use focal length.

Back