• Cameraderie, a friendly photography forum for photographers and camera enthusiasts!
    If you are looking for critique, tips, advice, buying recommendations, or just want to talk to fellow enthusiasts then join now for free!

Fuji XP90 with a little Luminar magic . . .

Jock Elliott

Hall of Famer
Jan 3, 2012
Troy, NY
Storm clouds over Troy, NY, taken back at the end of June, from the car . . . I started fussing with these images with Luminar 3.

Before:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

After:

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

I am not much impressed with the XP90, but Luminar helps some.

Cheers, Jock

bartjeej

Hall of Famer
Nov 12, 2010
With my Ricoh PX waterproof compact, I used to set the jpegs to minimum everything (contrast, saturation, sharpness), and it'd actually give me very decent results after fairly little postprocessing.

Tilman Paulin

Top Veteran
Nov 15, 2011
Vancouver B.C.
With my Ricoh PX waterproof compact, I used to set the jpegs to minimum everything (contrast, saturation, sharpness), and it'd actually give me very decent results after fairly little postprocessing.
I agree - if I remember correctly I did it similarly on my Pentax MX1.

Guess these days I prefer little to no sharpening and softer contrast in general (no matter which camera). With m43 I often do raw conversions with no low noise reduction and no sharpening - the lenses are sharp enough.

On these photos, I actually kind of like the look of the unprocessed ones - with all their softness - makes them look more "watery" I guess :)

Latest posts

Latest threads

Top Bottom