Fuji Xpro Accessories

I'm using the accessory grip because it vastly improves camera handling. With the grip mounted, my thumb automatically falls into the location between the playback button and the Q button. Withoiut the grip, I often inmadvertently pressed the Q button, bringing up the menu at times when I actually much rather wanted to take a shot. :(

I used a Gariz half-case before getting the grip. While I miss the neat opening for the card/battery door that I enjoyed on the Gariz case, the more positive grip and the lack of Q button confusion more than makes up for the loss of SD card/battery access.

Who here is using the accessory grip. I'm not sure it's large enough to make a big difference, but one of the features that speaks to me is that I like to use a wrist strap for shooting, but don't like carrying a bag. I'm thinking a sling type strap using that "lug" on the bottom would be handy......also bringing the tripod mount back to beneath the lens would be nice as well.

What are your opinions? Does it make the camera handle better as well? Or am I better off putting $100 on the #4 horse in race #2?

I use the handgrip, I was a bit unsure about it at first but I cant live without it now, of course this will vary from one person to another but it really suits the way I carry my camera when I walk around, with the wriststrap on typically I would hold the camera with my thumb resting on the space between the rocker and the AF-L / AF-L button and the rest of my fingers on the grip, I found it really awkward to carry the camera this way without the grip accessory (I guess I 'm used to carrying the camera this way as SLRs have a chunky grip that lets you carry the camera this way, and the NEX cameras also has a chunky grip and my thumb would rest on the rotary pad with the NEX-5 and the tri-navi with the NEX-7, either way it's just my way of carrying my gear)

As was mentioned in the podcast, I also don't think it's a good idea to have the grip if youre using a Thumbs up grip, it'll be awkward and my thumb never sits that high on the body.

I have never tried using the "lug" on the bottom of the handgrip to attach a strap, I reckon its possible, I'd just be wary about it though as it's the only thing that attaches the camera to the handgrip and the prospect of the lug turning and having my camera drop of the floor would cause me paranoia even before I smoke that special stuff in the plastic zip lock bag.

Back