Fuji Xpro Accessories

Country Parson

Top Veteran
Name
Dan
Here is my Xpro recently tricked out with a Soft Round Street Strap, a Thumbs Up grip and a Red Dragon Soft Release. All three of these accessories have made the camera more pleasant to use. The Thumbs up is well worth the money. It gives a better feeling secure grip on the camera body, and keeps my thumb from turning the exposure compensation dial by accident. The soft release helps reduce camera shake, and feels like I have a smoother release.
DSC01615.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Looks awesome! I have the Koi Carp soft release on mine and love it. I was worried that the paint would wear off quickly, but so far it looks like new. I'll be looking into the Thumbs Up as well. Nice looking rig!

Here is my Xpro recently tricked out with a Soft Round Street Strap, a Thumbs Up grip and a Red Dragon Soft Release. All three of these accessories have made the camera more pleasant to use. The Thumbs up is well worth the money. It gives a better feeling secure grip on the camera body, and keeps my thumb from turning the exposure compensation dial by accident. The soft release helps reduce camera shake, and feels like I have a smoother release.
DSC01615.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Looking good. Are you enjoying the camera?

Pelao, I am enjoying the camera, all the more as I get used to its main weakness which is focusing speed. The image quality is excellent, and the hybrid viewfinder continues to be a joy. I look forward to some of the new lenses Fuji has announced. Right now I am chomping at the bit to get back to the streets of Charlotte with it, but I broke my ankle in early June, and am still recovering. I probably won't see the streets again with the Xpro until August. :( So I have to content myself with shooting around the house and local area.

Pelao, I am enjoying the camera, all the more as I get used to its main weakness which is focusing speed. The image quality is excellent, and the hybrid viewfinder continues to be a joy. I look forward to some of the new lenses Fuji has announced. Right now I am chomping at the bit to get back to the streets of Charlotte with it, but I broke my ankle in early June, and am still recovering. I probably won't see the streets again with the Xpro until August. :( So I have to content myself with shooting around the house and local area.

Ouch - sorry to hear about your ankle.

The Fuji is on my short list.

DSC02909.JPG

Here's my Xpro with my chosen accessories.
-I replaced the squashed coke can lens hood and favoured a standard vented lens hood purely due to aesthetic and convenience reasons, it functions exactly like the kit lens hood cap except that I dont have to keep on dropping and losing my lens hood caps as the kit one tends to sit loosely and falls off all the time.
-I installed the hand grip accessory which works nicely with my wrist strap (I always have my camera strapped to my hand when I'm out taking photos, either that or it's in my bag)
-I wanted to get the Koi soft release, unfortunately it's quite hard to find matchtechnical products here so I settled for a red concave boop soft release, I might buy it online one of these days.

What is the solution to that joke of a lens hood cover for the 35mm? The rubbery thingie that falls off all the time. On my X100 lens, I use no hood and love the unique cap. Anything similar for the 35mm lens? I'm not married to the hood.....I just thought that since it was a "Pro" camera, I should start acting more "Pro" and using a hood despite the fact that I actually embrace flare.

Yes, I am using the round street strap. Though often I prefer just a wrist strap. The round strap wraps around the wrist nicely so it doubles as a neck or wrist strap.

Cool. Yeah, I am doing the street strap and wrap around thing on my E-M5. It works okay, but I too sometimes really just want a wrist strap. When I do want to keep my hands free, though, I really like the length of the street strap as it lets me carry it bandolier style. Long enough to bring up to my eye, but close enough to the body so it isn't swinging around like on a sling.

What is the solution to that joke of a lens hood cover for the 35mm? The rubbery thingie that falls off all the time. On my X100 lens, I use no hood and love the unique cap. Anything similar for the 35mm lens? I'm not married to the hood.....I just thought that since it was a "Pro" camera, I should start acting more "Pro" and using a hood despite the fact that I actually embrace flare.

While I admit the lens hood caps are not the best design, the fact that you get any cap with the lens hood is nice. For me that actually work out ok because I only use them only when the lenses are in the bag or their cases, I never use caps when I am shooting.
Iknow many are not fond of the shape of the hods on the 18 and 35, they are actually very well made and work very well, their design allows you to see more info in the OVF than the standard types

While I admit the lens hood caps are not the best design, the fact that you get any cap with the lens hood is nice. For me that actually work out ok because I only use them only when the lenses are in the bag or their cases, I never use caps when I am shooting.
Iknow many are not fond of the shape of the hods on the 18 and 35, they are actually very well made and work very well, their design allows you to see more info in the OVF than the standard types

I could care less what the hoods look like....they do their job. But I'm assuming from your statement that there are no aftermarket ones. I only use them in the bag, too. But nearly everytime I go to pull it out, the cap is sitting on the bottom of the bag. Maybe I'll just leave the "caps" at home.

the only type of after market type hoods would either end up blocking part of the viewfinder or they have cutouts in the ring, which I also find distracting, My caps are also in the bottom of the bag as soon as I pull out one of the cameras

I have also started to move away from the soft releases on the XPro, they seem to help to collect dirt and dust in the shutter release

Who here is using the accessory grip. I'm not sure it's large enough to make a big difference, but one of the features that speaks to me is that I like to use a wrist strap for shooting, but don't like carrying a bag. I'm thinking a sling type strap using that "lug" on the bottom would be handy......also bringing the tripod mount back to beneath the lens would be nice as well.

What are your opinions? Does it make the camera handle better as well? Or am I better off putting $100 on the #4 horse in race #2?

I curious about the grip also. I've never needed to change the battery since I don't take many photos so it blocking the battery door wouldn't bother me. It takes me forever to fill up an 8GB card, months.

Luke- I have a Black Rapid sling strap I'm not using. Send me your address and I'll ship ti to you. They are nice I'm just not a strap person. I prefer small bags.

Back