Fuji XT-1 Issues

Name
Tim Williams
I went this morning to shoot some landscapes of one of my favorite prairies and when I would mount the camera on the tripod the LCD stopped responding as in not coming on. Menu button did not work, half shutter press did not work although if I pressed it fully it would take a photo but no screen view before or after even though screen view was set at 1.5 sec. If I removed it from the tripod things seemed normal.If I put it on the tripod and pointed it down it came on, but nothing if it was level or pointed up. Did a complete reset to no avail. Changed batteries three times, they all read full. Remounted the lens 18-55 twice, no go. I even tried sneaking up on the tripod and the LCD would go blank within inches of it, as soon as I moved it away it would miraculously come on. I must be doing something stupid for this to happen as it has been an extra stressful week at work but Wow, voodoo maybe . Any Ideas?

Thanks Mike but I had to do a second complete system reset to get things back to normal. Anyway we shall see. I sold my D700 last week, so if this thing and I continue to fight I may run back to what I know. It would be a shame as I have the 16 and a 55-200 on the way. I might have messed it up as a custom button but it never did this until this morning missing a beautiful sunrise except for some hand held shots.

Happy its working ok now especially since you have two great lenses coming.

Thanks Mike but I had to do a second complete system reset to get things back to normal. Anyway we shall see. I sold my D700 last week, so if this thing and I continue to fight I may run back to what I know. It would be a shame as I have the 16 and a 55-200 on the way. I might have messed it up as a custom button but it never did this until this morning missing a beautiful sunrise except for some hand held shots.
I had a similar problem. I could only see the LCD when the button set it to LCD only. When I used the viewfinder sensor setting, I could see through theviewfinder, but when I moved away, the LCD would not go on. Reset fixed it.

Back