Fuji XT-1 vs XT-1 IR

Davimack

I recently had my XT-1 stolen and I will replace it, best camera I ever had. My question is, will the new XT-1 IR do all that the XT-1 can do, but with the added bonus of IR, or has any feature of the original XT-1 been substituted to enable the IR in the new XT-1 IR.
THANK YOU

You can of course use the IR (or expanded spectrum) camera like a normal camera, but manually adding the required filters to every lens could be a burden (and also quite expensive) if you are using many different lenses. With only a few lenses, a good IR+UV block filter in front of the lens would probably do the job and turn the IR into a regular T1.

Thanks so much for the advice. The original question was posed because I had my camera stolen with 3 lenses, and the 2 extension tubes for macro. BUT, incredibly they were advertised in a local Craigslist website. Described exactly as I did, I arranged to inspect the camera etc. but the seller did not show up. But the following day a police plain clothes man posing as me, met the seller, and retrieved my camera, lenses etc. and arrested the seller. So I will, down the road, probably buy an IR camera, but keep my retrieved camera as the main one. Thanks again.

Wonderful! Congratulations. Years ago when I was working nights, I got a wake up call from New Hampshire State Police asking me if I'd loaned my car to So and so. I hadn't, of course, and having just been woken up did not even know it was missing. But getting it back and -- I'll admit it -- knowing the thief got caught by the cops, delighted me. Better still, I lived in Boston and the thieves were caught in New Hampshire, less likely to pussy foot around with them. (It was the second time that same car had been stolen, known to be easy to steal, apparently, so my impeccable liberal credentials were being sorely tested. I think I would happily have had them garroted. )

Glad you got your kit back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back