Fuji XT - 2 Raw file Converters

Michael B

DSCF0703.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
I have just read the Kindle version of the XT-2 version of 120 X – Pert tips by Rico Pfirstinger. Having recently converted from Canon, this guide has been invaluable, probably saving hours of time and useless experiments.
As a beginer to Fuji and having taken on board that I should be shooting with both RAW and jpeg, there seems to be a huge void in the information available about raw file converters and getting the best out of the film simulations.
I have downloaded the Silkypix Studio 7, but the instructions are not intuitive and although promoted by Fuji does not seem to have any reference to film styles.
There is seems to be nothing on YouTube.
Can anyone help?

I suggest getting the free trials of Capture One Pro 10, Iridient Developer, OnOne Raw, LR, and any other editor you might want to try. Then see which one you like to work in the best, as well as which one gives you the final image which is the most to your liking.

On Silkypix 7 the film sims are on the colour tab, first select camera setting, then the other drop down menu will show velvia, astia etcetc

As pdurand kindy suggests above, having a read of my 4 part piece on rfc will give you a good starting point on silkypix v7

Not a fan of Silkypix. Adobe Lightroom offers much more freedom and is the best solution to make the most out of the ISOless sensor and its dynamic range.

Btw, Silkypix 8 is already in Beta, currently only in Japanese.

On Silkypix 7 the film sims are on the colour tab, first select camera setting, then the other drop down menu will show velvia, astia etcetc

As pdurand kindy suggests above, having a read of my 4 part piece on rfc will give you a good starting point on silkypix v7

Hi Adam,
As I was struggling, I went for the 30-day trial of Developer Studio Pro 7. I have looked at your guides and gone along with your suggestions, but I cannot locate the camera settings tab, or the colour tab you mention. I cannot find the film simulations/picture styles at all. I am missing something that must be obvious to everyone but me … so a pointer in the right direction would be helpful!

Thanks, Michael

sp colours.JPG

The Fuji film sims are as shown above, click first the 'tube of paint' icon, then make sure that film simulation is selected from the drop down. The individual profiles are on the lower drop down menu

View attachment 28807

The Fuji film sims are as shown above, click first the 'tube of paint' icon, then make sure that film simulation is selected from the drop down. The individual profiles are on the lower drop down menu
Thank you Adam - not at all intuitive. You have supplied a result after a frustrating time.This shot of my dog looks so much better in Classic Chrome than the other film simulations.
DSCF0043Vera.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Back