Fuji XT1 resets itself after turning off

Hi Rico,

I just ran into this peculiar behavior this afternoon. I changed the battery in my XT1, and when I turned the camera back on all my settings, both set-up and shooting, were reset to default settings and the camera asks me to
set the date. I set everything up and did some shooting. Turned the camera off for a little while. Turned it back on again, and I had to reset the date and all my settings again. This never happened before, just started today. I'm hoping there's something I inadvertently switched to make this happen.

I have an important event tomorrow and I need to get this sorted out. Any ideas?

Probably a broken buffer battery or a similar defect, this should be fixed by Fujifilm.

There's no setting to provoke this kind of behavior.

Xt1 defect

Probably a broken buffer battery or a similar defect, this should be fixed by Fujifilm.

There's no setting to provoke this kind of behavior.

Thx, I suspected it might be the internal backup battery. Will call Fuji tomorrow. Luckily I have my xp1 as a backup camera.

Dropped the camera off yesterday at Fuji repair in NJ. Got a call today to come pick it up, all fixed. Had to replace the motherboard. And they gave me a new battery to boot. Couldn't ask for better service and consideration.

Back