Fuji XT10 LCD issue

Frem

Regular
When I switch on the XT10 within 2 seconds the LCD switches on and off continuously. None of the buttons, including the shutter, work.
I've swapped batteries over and taken the lens off and cleaned up the contacts but still have the problem. Unfortunately, I only have one autofocus lens so can't test it to see if its a lens issue or the body.
Has anyone come across this before?

I do not own an XT10, but on general principle it sounds like there is some issues with the body. If the LCD switches on and off continuously and none of the buttons work, you may want to get your camera looked at, or exchanged if it is still under warranty.

If the LCD is intermittent, he may not be able to get to the Menu sub-item.

Which leads to the related question - if you switch to the EVF only, is it working correctly and can you get to the reset from there?

Edited to add: Ah, if none of the buttons are working, then there's probably no way to switch the display to EVF only.

Definitely time for a repair depot visit.

If the LCD is intermittent, he may not be able to get to the Menu sub-item.

Which leads to the related question - if you switch to the EVF only, is it working correctly and can you get to the reset from there?

Edited to add: Ah, if none of the buttons are working, then there's probably no way to switch the display to EVF only.

Definitely time for a repair depot visit.
It's going in for repair tomorrow as nothing works......

Back