1. Welcome to Cameraderie.org—a friendly camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Fuji XT20 losing settings

Discussion in 'Fuji Cameras' started by Harry Cutts, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Harry Cutts

Harry Cutts Regular

Jun 6, 2017
    Huddersfield UK
    Harry
    I recently acquired a used Fuji XT 20 in very good condition and I am very pleased with the results that I get, however, when I change the battery it loses all my settings. If I charge the battery in camera through the USB port, I have no problem. This is all well and good if you are at home or close to a mains socket. Unfortunately when out and about shooting I sometimes need to swap batteries and to lose all my settings is very frustrating.
    Does anyone else have this problem and is there an easy fix or am I doing something wrong?

I have just googled this and apparently it is quite a common problem on a few Fuji models.

2. Harry Cutts

Harry Cutts Regular

Jun 6, 2017
    Huddersfield UK
    Harry
    After trawling through a few online threads about this problem, I found that Fuji has a program called X-Acquire which will copy/save all your settings to your computer. It is a simple matter then to write the settings back to your camera, it's a shame that these settings can't be saved to an SD card for when you are out taking pictures.

I know most of you will probably be aware of this but I had to search to find it. :(