• Cameraderie, a friendly photography forum for photographers and camera enthusiasts!
    If you are looking for critique, tips, advice, buying recommendations, or just want to talk to fellow enthusiasts then join now for free!

Fuji XT20 losing settings

Harry Cutts

Regular
Jun 6, 2017
Huddersfield UK
I recently acquired a used Fuji XT 20 in very good condition and I am very pleased with the results that I get, however, when I change the battery it loses all my settings. If I charge the battery in camera through the USB port, I have no problem. This is all well and good if you are at home or close to a mains socket. Unfortunately when out and about shooting I sometimes need to swap batteries and to lose all my settings is very frustrating.
Does anyone else have this problem and is there an easy fix or am I doing something wrong?

I have just googled this and apparently it is quite a common problem on a few Fuji models.

Harry Cutts

Regular
Jun 6, 2017
Huddersfield UK
After trawling through a few online threads about this problem, I found that Fuji has a program called X-Acquire which will copy/save all your settings to your computer. It is a simple matter then to write the settings back to your camera, it's a shame that these settings can't be saved to an SD card for when you are out taking pictures.

I know most of you will probably be aware of this but I had to search to find it. :(

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Found a phrase "PASM buddies" and now waiting eagerly to use it in a sentence.
Slowly getting back into a normal routine again. :(
I have created a website covering Canon Rangefinders 1935-1968 at
Larry Huffman huffman@gmx.com
Waiting for summer to finish... only three months to go....
"Sling bags" should come with instruction manuals. Now I know why I just used a backpack for years.
Top Bottom