Fuji XT20 losing settings

Harry Cutts

Top Veteran
Name
Harry
I recently acquired a used Fuji XT 20 in very good condition and I am very pleased with the results that I get, however, when I change the battery it loses all my settings. If I charge the battery in camera through the USB port, I have no problem. This is all well and good if you are at home or close to a mains socket. Unfortunately when out and about shooting I sometimes need to swap batteries and to lose all my settings is very frustrating.
Does anyone else have this problem and is there an easy fix or am I doing something wrong?

I have just googled this and apparently it is quite a common problem on a few Fuji models.

After trawling through a few online threads about this problem, I found that Fuji has a program called X-Acquire which will copy/save all your settings to your computer. It is a simple matter then to write the settings back to your camera, it's a shame that these settings can't be saved to an SD card for when you are out taking pictures.

I know most of you will probably be aware of this but I had to search to find it. :(

Back