Fuji XT20

the recently released x-t20 has the af-c custom settings and 4k video of the x-t2. why can't the x-pro2 have that as well? is it still related to the heat sink? if it is, then does that mean that they were able to fit a better heat sink in the x-t20 and not the x-pro2? ;)

Like I said in the other thread...
There are two points here. The heat sink issue is real and can't be wished away. The X-T2 dissipates heat more efficiently. Fuji have said that the X-Pro2 could shoot 4k but only in short bursts, and they won't allow that compromise.

The second point is philosophical. The X-Pro range is aimed at stills photographers. The X-T range is more general in it's applications. Fuji recognise the importance to some people of a converged device shooting stills and video and the X-T2 and X-T20 are clearly positioned to answer that need.

Me, I would buy an X-Pro2s with no video capability at all in a heartbeat...

One video I saw said that the X-T20 will only be able to shoot 4K video for under 10 minutes. I forget which video it was (so no link) but the the guy had a pre-production model and said in the video he wasn't sure how long the 4K videos could be. As he said this, a caption appeared that said Fuji had later told him it would be at most 10 minutes.

I think he also said that the X-T20 body had a little door that could be filled with crushed ice for better performance. I may have heard that wrong, however.

I got an email form Adorama today. My X-T20 body has already been shipped and should be delivered today. Of course, it's being delivered to my school so I may not actually get it until Monday. I do that because it's the easiest way to handle the signature, etc. with no one home at my house during the day. I'm curious to try it. It's an unusual case because it is essentially identical to the X-T10 and all of the new stuff lies with performance and output. I'm hopeful about faster AF and Acros. I will eventually get a lens besides the 27 so now I can think about that.

B&H sent me an update email... the X-T20 is still not in stock. That's fine; I was expecting late March anyway.
I'll test it out when I get it. If it sucks, you'll still have time to cancel your order. ;) I haven't sold my X-T10 yet, so I'll be able to do some comparisons in terms of performance.

It appeared on my desk about one half hour ago and I just started an image thread. It's so weird that this camera is almost exactly like an X-T10. The menus are very different, however, and I have to get used to having a touch screen on this. As with its predecessor, I really like the size and feel of this body.

Back