Leica XVario firmware Update. released !

XVARIOR

Regular
Hi guys, you can enjoy your XVario with better improvement now thanks to the just released firmware update.
some nice features announced but also some hidden too! AF seems much better now, you can confirm here if you feel the same as I do...
enjoy.

Downloads // Leica X Vario // Leica X // Photography - Leica Camera AG

Thanks for the heads-up. I actually had my X-Vario packed up and ready to eBay, and one of the reasons was that the exposure compensation was that I just didn't enjoy the UI. Well, auto ISO in manual and even more so exposure compensation direct through the thumbwheel totally transforms the UI from annoying to fluid for me.

I unpacked it today, charged the battery and will be carrying it for the next few days. I have a feeling our second date will go a lot better than the first. I hope so, as image quality was NEVER an issue, only handling, and my biggest gripe vanished today.

Glad I make it on time before you send your XV back to dealer! Give it another chance, the camera is really worth keeping. I now got 2 DSLRs "for work" and an enchanting M9 "rangefinder is something else" but despite all, the XV is the one I'll keep and everything else can come and go!

Image quality on the XV was never a complaint, I just didn't find it fluid in use. Always accidentally hit the flash button on the rear selector and no easy way to adjust exposure compensations with the viewfinder at my eye. Those problems were solved so we shall see.

I never use compensation as the dials are there and can be used blindly! The flash button issue was solved when I dressed the XV with the half case:)

Being able to set minimum slowest shutter speed in auto ISO is huge.
Here's the list of changes:

Version 1.1
Operational Improvements:
• Direct exposure correction  in "A" mode and "T" mode the Exposure Value compensation functionality is in direct access on the Thumb Dial.
• Info button:
o the info button confirms menu selections in the same way the
menu/set button confirms them
o it also starts the playback function in video playback mode
• Flash button:the flash button is now only activated when either the internal flash is opened-up or an external Leica flash is attached
• Audio Volume:  video playback mode the volume is adjustable via the top and bottom button on back rocker switch in

Functionality Improvements:
• New functionality item “Auto ISO:”
o selection of shutter speed times is broadened up to the range of 1s to
1/1000s
o If Auto ISO is selected it stays active in M mode also

Back