Olympus XZ-1 image thread

Here I try some People/Documentary shots; not my normal metier
5823066387_dc7d7d4b18_b.jpg

These are Cos-Players at A-Kon, anime' fest.
The first one I have attended.
Huge crowds.
The Xz-1 proved fast and quiet

Andy.. love the macros. Olympus always did supermacro really well. I have an elderly C760 and a friend showed me what it could do (she had the C770) and I was seriously blown away. I think that they have that particular genre sewn up.

Lili: you should maybe start doing more street photography... your Cos-Players turned out well :)

Otto: How did you get so close to the dragonflies without scaring them off???? I've never been able to get a decent shot of one, even with my dslr+long lens :( Yours are most excellent.

Andy.. love the macros. Olympus always did supermacro really well. I have an elderly C760 and a friend showed me what it could do (she had the C770) and I was seriously blown away. I think that they have that particular genre sewn up.

Lili: you should maybe start doing more street photography... your Cos-Players turned out well :)

Otto: How did you get so close to the dragonflies without scaring them off???? I've never been able to get a decent shot of one, even with my dslr+long lens :( Yours are most excellent.

Thank you :)

kyteflyer,

Thanks, this guy was very patient with me. At first I shot some from a distance with my E-PL1 & 70-300 macro, but as he kept hanging around I decided to try and get closer with the XZ-1. I used regular macro mode initially, but switched to super macro for these. You can see he turned his head to look at me as I approached him in the top shot. While I was looking him in the "eye", I slowly moved the XZ-1 closer, and closer. When I got too close, he would take off, fly around in a large circle, and then come back to the exact same spot for more pictures. I was within a couple of inches of him at the closest point. I didn't think to stop the lens down to get a bit more in focus as I was just hurrying trying to get any shot of him/her. These are straight out of the camera jpgs with just a slight bit of contrast and a crop.

Thank you Lilli,

I always enjoy the Arboretum whenever we're in Dallas visiting the grand kids. This was just a lucky situation of being in the right place at the right time.

Great image quality - and I see your dog is up to his climbing tricks again.:D There's something in particular about the sneakers shot - the last one - that I really like a great deal, probably the lighting, though all are definitely keepers.

Great image quality - and I see your dog is up to his climbing tricks again.:D There's something in particular about the sneakers shot - the last one - that I really like a great deal, probably the lighting, though all are definitely keepers.

Thank you!
sneakers are a push-over, they always work, these are a 'limited edition' converse in green leather from a french alpine resort . . . .so they could hardly fail, in fact, it might be a crime not to get a good shot of them! The camera does seem like fun. and compared to the splendid x100 it's simplicity personified!.

Back