Olympus XZ-1 image thread

P4240544.jpg

P8260057.jpg

Repurchased the XZ1 again after I returned it from Amazon a few months ago, this time I got it at BB brand new for less than 150 after using my AMEX gift cards, Oly colors keep drawing me back.

Repurchased the XZ1 again after I returned it from Amazon a few months ago, this time I got it at BB brand new for less than 150 after using my AMEX gift cards, Oly colors keep drawing me back.

Thats exactly why I have kept mine. I love the colours and I love the CCD sensor in the XZ-1. I also bought the VF-2 to go with it, but naturally, I also bought that Nikon 1 V1 at nearly the same time and that has been dominating my photography. XZ-1 though, thats now my "always in the bag" camera.

Thats exactly why I have kept mine. I love the colours and I love the CCD sensor in the XZ-1. I also bought the VF-2 to go with it, but naturally, I also bought that Nikon 1 V1 at nearly the same time and that has been dominating my photography. XZ-1 though, thats now my "always in the bag" camera.

For the price it was selling for it was too hard to pass up the familiarity with the Olympus menus and it's old school JPEG's looks drew me back in again.

Sent from my iPhone using SeriousCompacts mobile app

I am on my third XZ-1. I keep selling and after a while I end up buying another one. The good thing is that I always found one in mint shape for less that $200.
There is something addictive about the lens and, in good light, about the JPEGS.

I am on my third XZ-1. I keep selling and after a while I end up buying another one. The good thing is that I always found one in mint shape for less that $200.
There is something addictive about the lens and, in good light, about the JPEGS.

Sadly, I dropped mine face down on its open lens barrel. It still works but not as well as it used to, and I have stopped carrying it everywhere. I may have to buy a PEN to go with my VF-2... or maybe another XZ-1.

Sadly, I dropped mine face down on its open lens barrel. It still works but not as well as it used to, and I have stopped carrying it everywhere. I may have to buy a PEN to go with my VF-2... or maybe another XZ-1.

Ouch, sorry to hear that, maybe sell it for parts on eBay? On the good side, you can find them cheap, but of course the same can be said for older PEN bodies. The problem with the PEN is… the lens. The kit lens is good for what it is, but makes the camera rather bulky compared to the XZ-1. I use an e-pm2 with pancake (14mm) and an older e-pl2 with legacy glass. However when I travel and sometimes even wham going for a walk or bike ride, I end up with the XZ-1 in my pocket.

My third one is on the way from the B&H used department, rated 9 on their scale -- $149.95 with expedited delivery included. I sold my last one when I got my Fuji X10, and while I really want to get an X10 or X20, the budget says an XZ-1 for $150 is too good to pass up. I enjoyed the ones I had immensely, always shot raw, and got results I could live with up to 1600iso. We're not talking murals, but 8x10 easily. I personally never liked its jpegs for my stuff, but with the exception of the X10 I've never liked ooc jpegs from small sensor cameras. Even the X20 produced jpegs that I found distinctly off-putting, though I loved the raw output. So the XZ1 is no different in that regard than most small sensor units I've used.

Anyway the price was right. I'm off to Boston in a week and a half and I did not want to take the E-M5. (I could have bought a 12-40 f2.8 for my EM5 for the airfares: outrageous!) I'll mostly be at the family homestead caring for my 98 year old mother while my sister gets a well deserved vacation. It will be my first trip in years without a system camera, but it just isn't really necessary. An my carry-on bag will be delightfull small. I'm even leaving the laptop at home and taking a Dell Venue 8 Pro 8 inch tablet that does what I need it to.

Further to the XZ-1 apparent disaster, I decided to bite the bullet and buy one of the Olympus auto opening lens covers. Whats happened is that it has stabilised the lens, and now, my little XZ is back to its normal wonderful self.

This is one of the more recent ones (posted elsewhere in forum as well, with a couple of sunrise shots taken the same day)

14040544318_63a1c560b9_b.jpg

Further to the XZ-1 apparent disaster, I decided to bite the bullet and buy one of the Olympus auto opening lens covers. Whats happened is that it has stabilised the lens, and now, my little XZ is back to its normal wonderful self.

This is one of the more recent ones (posted elsewhere in forum as well, with a couple of sunrise shots taken the same day)

14040544318_63a1c560b9_b.jpg

I admire the photo, and I admire anyone who is up at sunrise. However my attitude about the early morning has always been that it's a lovely time of day if you happen to be up. (an insight stolen from elsewhere but I don't remember where).

I admire the photo, and I admire anyone who is up at sunrise. However my attitude about the early morning has always been that it's a lovely time of day if you happen to be up. (an insight stolen from elsewhere but I don't remember where).

LOL! I'm well past the days where I would actually set the alarm to *be* somewhere at sunrise. There's a Flickr group called Newcastle Sundancers and they are crazy. They get up at ridiculous hours to be places. OTOH I'm envious that I no longer have the get up and go... to get up and go.

More shots from the Olympus XZ-1. Such a fun camera to use. I love the super-macro mode.
bird.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
dead leaf B&W.jpg
Diane.jpg
flower.jpg
FlowerBW.jpg
Ozzy Walk.jpg
Pottery.jpg
DeadLeaf vivid.jpg
Cactus.jpg
XZ-1

Bread.jpg
Diane Ozzy.jpg
Diane Sandwich.jpg
flower1.jpg
Ozzy.jpg
ring.jpg
Wildflower.jpg
Dogs noses.jpg
A few more shots from the Olympus XZ-1 camera. So much fun!

I love carrying this camera around. I put on a Gordy leather wrist strap. Throw this in my purse and go.
Cactus.jpg
Quick shot of a cactus flower.

Olympus XZ-1

Back