Lili

Hall of Famer
Name
Lili
I will start the ball rolling;
5696901294_7f51ffdca0_b.jpg

112mm-e, F2.5, ISO 100
Straight out of the Olympus XZ-1

Beautiful cat! (I'm prejudiced, being as how I am a cat person). And the shot is great. I'll be looking forward to more... XZ1 has made it onto my shortlist of "gotta have"

Thanks Kiteflyer, she is a pretty baby indeed. I am loving this little Oly more and more...

Lili - although I'm not really a "cat person", we have three...and right now, just one dog (my pal)....however, I do like cats and this is a lovely close up of a beauty. Great details! There's something about cats that just seem to call out to be photographed.

retow - I love that image of the jumping for joy and happiness young lady! The monochromatic tones worked beautifully. I'll have to go find the color one to compare, if I must make a choice. Stunning lighting - and what a moment! Great color and detail on those plant/flowers shots, too!

retow - I love that image of the jumping for joy and happiness young lady! The monochromatic tones worked beautifully. I'll have to go find the color one to compare, if I must make a choice. Stunning lighting - and what a moment! Great color and detail on those plant/flowers shots, too!

Thanks for your kind words. The young lady is my 11 year old daughter. They grow tall these days:)

retow and Lili, you are both making me crazy. I want one. NOW. I want them all!! The shots are just gorgeous, seriously. I've been just amazed at the increasing viability of a compact as a main camera for those of us who are never going to go pro. How they have changed and improved since I got my first digital in 2000!

kyteflyer, I think the XZ-1 can definitely be a more compact alternative to a (Oly) mft with kit lenses. Its excellent fast lens compensates to a large degree for the disadvantage of having a small sensor, at least in good - decent light.

retow and Lili, you are both making me crazy. I want one. NOW. I want them all!! The shots are just gorgeous, seriously. I've been just amazed at the increasing viability of a compact as a main camera for those of us who are never going to go pro. How they have changed and improved since I got my first digital in 2000!

The compacts have indeed come a long way. As retow says, in decent light they can compete very well indeed.
Even in lower light and using RAW, they can very well, esp at web sizes.
Here are some quikie shots from my Fuji F70EXR comparing the XZ-1 with the E-PL1/17mm combination.
5702772238_18efdf086e_b.jpg

5702775226_86e554d30e_b.jpg

5702208789_d5016b0a0a_b.jpg

As you can see the size difference is minor till one comes to depth and weight.
However, the compact has a fast ZOOM, and needs no other lenses.
There is a difference in draw and IQ, subtle but nothing terrifying.

Lovely images, Stratokaster!!!

I just added Richard Franiec's grip and the JJC petal type lens hood all from lensmate.
The grip makes a huge difference in handling, no more "bar-of-soap" feeling!
The JJC does make the depth of the XZ the same as the E-PL1/17mm combo but does provide protection for extended lens.

Lovely photos of the cat! My wife loves her E-PL1 (and her K-5), but the E-PL1 need good light to perform well, so it doesn't get used as much as it should. Not all lost, as I can now use her E-PL1's viewfinder on my XZ-1 - an excellent combination! The XZ-1 is now my everyday camera, having superseeded both my A580, my C-8080 and the old Konica. When I need a DSLR I have a few to choose from, but the K-5 is my favourite, for now!

Yours,

Lovely photos of the cat! My wife loves her E-PL1 (and her K-5), but the E-PL1 need good light to perform well, so it doesn't get used as much as it should. Not all lost, as I can now use her E-PL1's viewfinder on my XZ-1 - an excellent combination! The XZ-1 is now my everyday camera, having superseeded both my A580, my C-8080 and the old Konica. When I need a DSLR I have a few to choose from, but the K-5 is my favourite, for now!

Yours,

Tord, excellent choice in everyday camera! and thanks for loving my kitty images. I take in rescues and love them all.
K-5 is excellent! My DSLR of choice is my e510 (esp with the 25mm pancake).

Back