Olympus XZ-1 image thread

Jono, I'd missed your earlier reply to me..and want to thank you for that link to Redgrave! I think I'd be fine with the flatness, though I prefer some rolling hills every once in a while. That said, I feel as though I need the vista of open space. I love the ocean but will most likely never live with a view of it. That said, one year we lived in the wild wonderful state of West Virginia on 20 acres surrounded by farms of 100s of acres...for as far as one could see. Those views were beautiful and the undulating grasses gave me a similar feel to the ocean...and for me it's a feeling of freedom.

Do I sound as though I feel hemmed in where I am?;)

Jono, I'd missed your earlier reply to me..and want to thank you for that link to Redgrave! I think I'd be fine with the flatness, though I prefer some rolling hills every once in a while. That said, I feel as though I need the vista of open space. I love the ocean but will most likely never live with a view of it. That said, one year we lived in the wild wonderful state of West Virginia on 20 acres surrounded by farms of 100s of acres...for as far as one could see. Those views were beautiful and the undulating grasses gave me a similar feel to the ocean...and for me it's a feeling of freedom.

Do I sound as though I feel hemmed in where I am?;)

HI There
It does sound a bit like it!
Surely one can usually choose to live in the countryside . . obviously there are sacrifices to be made with respect to travelling to work etc.
I do realise that my stuff gives off a feeling of rural bliss . .. interesting that some Dutch friends who visited last weekend, they did love it, but I think they were quite relieved to get away from the stream of dead rats and birds that the cats bring in :eek:. . . and the pollen count :sad010:. . . . and the mud :tomato2:. . . . . and certainly the mosquitos! :blush: - Maybe I should take mud and mosquito pictures as well just to balance things out a bit!

all the best

On the Fen at 6am this morning with the dog . . . and the XZ-1 - it really is a grown up camera:

P6220193.jpg

P6220200.jpg

P6220202.jpg

P6220203.jpg

Oh . . . . and then there were these from last night:

P6210177.jpg

5945346485_b424fd1003_o.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

XZ-1, ISO 400, RAW conversion using SilkyPix, instead of the Olympus Viewer 2. More Noise/grain but I like the bite of the image more

5963635318_70f45cca94_o.jpg

Same image converted in OV2, I've changed my mind, prefer the conversion in Olympus Viewer then touching up in SilkyPix

5963635318_70f45cca94_o.jpg

Same image converted in OV2, I've changed my mind, prefer the conversion in Olympus Viewer then touching up in SilkyPix

BEAUTIFUL shots (I prefer the colour output this time)! I am just so impressed with the output from the camera, as well as the talent in the photographers behind it... I *must* own it. One day.

I was doing some comparisons on DPreview last night, with that tool that lets you choose different cameras to compare output from... I was gobsmacked at the clarity of the XZ by comparison with others of the same ilk. It seems to beat them all hands down, including my G11.

first few shots testing out the xz-1

5985995440_f8fc3bff7e_b.jpg

5985995374_887626a679_b.jpg

i had to work yesterday (and returning to work tonight) so i have had limited time to try out this XZ-1 so far, but a few quick snaps inside the house and in the garden out back have me excited to get get to know this camera better!

i have recently decided to go back to a more compact camera after half a year using an Oly EPL1... such a great little camera but still too big for my lifestyle and adventuring habits :) i think the XZ-1 and i are going to be great friends though, and it fits in my purse! hooray for portability.

This camera maybe my next cam: having just sent off my Lecia X1 to its (hopefully) new owner I had been thinking of the Ricoh GRX with the superb 50mm macro lens, however the cost of the lens and having spent so much in the past on X1 I'm reluctant to go mad again.
Having looked at both the macro images on SC and Flickr it is certainly far better than the S95 which I own and possible better than the excellent Sony Nex 5 for macro pictures.
So I May have a look at this camera too.

a few XZ-1 shots from our recent trip to Provincetown, MA

DEFINITELY appreciated the compact size of this camera on our trip! barely even knew it was there, but when i needed it, it was quick on the draw and manual adjustments were very simple and straightforward.

6005999859_ea791252f5_z.jpg

6006546264_5d7c4c8b74_z.jpg

6006005767_d81ce92af8_z.jpg

6006548524_29efb81b43_z.jpg

6006551254_bc1d050d5c_z.jpg

6006553710_a9db17c959_z.jpg

Back