Fuji Yashica 50mm 1:1.17

Suds344

Name
Sudhir Misra
Hi All

New member on the forum, but been reading for a while. I'm one of those who ditched my SLR for an X-T1. It's been taking a while to adjust to this camera, I love the form factor. But was just not "bonding" with it. I got it with the 35mm f1.4 lens which is fantastic, however I just not a fan of the focussing system on the fuji. Maybe I'm not doing it right. But anyway, I have loads of old M42 lenses, which I used to use on my 7D. So I've bought an adaptor for the X-T1, focus peaking on manual focus with this old glass is a gamechanger. Here's a pic I took earlier today using the Yashica Yashinon-DS 50mm F1.7. Will load more pics as I take them and also some with my other lenses.
_DSF3014.jpg

Lens was at F2.8, ISO 320. Post Processing: VSCO-Portra 160 Alt+, Levels and Sharpening for web.

Which manual focus mode is the most effective?
For me personally the focus peaking set on RED HIGH is a amazing, allows you to compose and focus simultaneously, whereas with the auto focus I found myself focusing then recomposing cause it takes too long to shift that green square with the buttons to where you want to focus.

NICE!
I LOVE shooting with legacy glass on my Fuji X-E2. Nothing like smooth, tactile, mechanically focused lenses. Much prefer it to the
"fly by wire" Fuji lenses, though their quality is excellent, if somewhat "clinical".

NICE!
I LOVE shooting with legacy glass on my Fuji X-E2. Nothing like smooth, tactile, mechanically focused lenses. Much prefer it to the
"fly by wire" Fuji lenses, though their quality is excellent, if somewhat "clinical".
I have to agree with you Marius, I honestly cant use the auto focus on the fuji. I have the 35mm fujinon lens and its great but just cant focus. Maybe the version 4 firmware will fix that but for now all my old lenses have a new lease on life and I'm loving the images they're creating.

I have two old yashica lens. Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced adapter?

Sent from my iPhone using FujiXspot mobile app

Back