Fuji Yea! Aperture update!

What is general feeling regarding the way Aperture handles RAW processing of the X-Trans .RAF files? I don't seem to hear it discussed much. All I hear that Adobe lags behind programs like Capture One, Irident and Photo NInja without Aperture coming up in those conversations.

I did some preliminary tests to see how Aperture performs in terms of shadow/highlight recovery and sadly found that it doesn't come close to Capture One, Photo Ninja and Iridient. Trying to push the recovery to the limit produced some quite nasty abberations while still falling significantly behind in recovered detail.

I sincerely hope that someone will find a way to improve on my results. I'm really not keen on radically changing my workflow for one single camera.

I did some preliminary tests to see how Aperture performs in terms of shadow/highlight recovery and sadly found that it doesn't come close to Capture One, Photo Ninja and Iridient. Trying to push the recovery to the limit produced some quite nasty abberations while still falling significantly behind in recovered detail.

I sincerely hope that someone will find a way to improve on my results. I'm really not keen on radically changing my workflow for one single camera.

How does it stack up compared to LR5?

Back