Yet another addition from mu-43

Rose, VScope = Vertical Scope.

They have been buying up photo forums, and promptly ruining them. They bought several from Amin, including mu-43.

Their terms of use (ToS) state that they now have effective co-ownership of all your images, posted both after and before the sale by Amin to VScope. This is a wanton breach of copyright laws, contract law, etc.
Hence the mass exodus from mu-43 to here, and also from other fora that Amin sold to them.

Kevin, who owns this site, immediately updated this site's ToS to make it absolutely clear that our images remain ours, and his use of our copyrighted images is restricted to use on this site and for no other purposes whatsoever.

Rose, VScope = Vertical Scope.

They have been buying up photo forums, and promptly ruining them. They bought several from Amin, including mu-43.

Their terms of use (ToS) state that they now have effective co-ownership of all your images, posted both after and before the sale by Amin to VScope. This is a wanton breach of copyright laws, contract law, etc.
Hence the mass exodus from mu-43 to here, and also from other fora that Amin sold to them.

Kevin, who owns this site, immediately updated this site's ToS to make it absolutely clear that our images remain ours, and his use of our copyrighted images is restricted to use on this site and for no other purposes whatsoever.

Oh dear I hadn't realised that!! Pretty poor behaviour.

Oh dear I hadn't realised that!! Pretty poor behaviour.

...and they know exactly why they are haemorrhaging members, but in the months that they have taken over both MFT and Fuji forums, they haven't really done anything to address the issue, other than state something like 'yes, I know it says we've done that, but we're not going to enforce it really'.

...and they know exactly why they are haemorrhaging members, but in the months that they have taken over both MFT and Fuji forums, they haven't really done anything to address the issue, other than state something like 'yes, I know it says we've done that, but we're not going to enforce it really'.

Hmmm, like people are going to trust that kind of statement, based on their actions.

Back