Yet Another Forumite (potentially) Seeking Refuge

iamknudsen

Regular
Name
jon
Hello new friends!

Hello friends from elsewhere!

This seems like a great place to be. I am happy to see positive remarks and warm welcomes to forum refugees and new members in general.

I have not decided to or not to bail out of the old forum, but I do wish to be a productive member here. Before the old forum was engulfed by a largish macrophage*, I was already on a photo posting hiatus not related to the forum itself. *Sorry, right not (before my full caffine (caffinization**) "macrophage" is the only word I can think of that does not involve profanity or violence. I guess I could have used something like "rozsah sračiek," but I don't speak whater language I translated from. I have some minor disabilities that affect reading, writing and spoken languages. Disabilities used to frustrate me. **Caffinaization is a proper term in the language I invented. I call it Jonglish. Now I speak fluent Jonglish and am no long frustrated by my English, which I refuse to speak or write. In Jonglish, you can make up the rules as you go along, or have no rules, or even adopt words from any language. I primarily use my native tounge, redneck. I now switch now switch to full Jonglish mode.

That's uh 'nuff about rocket surgery, onto da picture makins. I consider myself a hack at anything I do, especially hobbies and that includes photography. Tho I do try to make every at bat count, be an improvement and a learnin' experience. Other hobbies and hobblets (hobbies that are spawned by another hobby, offen takin' over my entire life for some time):

~I now make Jonglish rule#1 - avoid those pesky squiggly underlined words while posting and attempt to make posts to cameraderie.org reasonably translatable to those who translate, unless in a hurry or I just don't feel up to this daunting task. I DO NOT ENFORCE THIS RULE ON OTHERS WHO CHOOSE TO SPEAK/WRITE JONGLISH~

Model railroad/railway (dormant and packed away for about 15 years)

Machining (hoblett of modeling - three lathes, two milling machines, band-saw and I have no idea how many grinders... I have a grinder problem. I still use the stuff sometimes, but the major obsession is over. I don't think about the money spent, but I did lose an entire large garage to this and storage of modeling supplies)

Off-Roading and Modifications (Motorcycles and Jeeps, on hole due to not wanting more neck and back surgeries. This hobby poured gasoline on the machining hobblet resulting in the aquisition of a full sized 1967 Index brand milling machine and a 1940's "war baby" South Bend brand tool room lathe, which finished off my garage.)

Photography (active from the 1970's to early 2000's, then reawakened about a year ago)

Darkroom (currently making one, awaiting a better thermometer which arrives today and some electrical work to get some power in the darkroom area of my dungeon. As of now, 35mm B&W; two rolls of film are ready for my first jab at it. These rolls are only for testing the cameras and the process.)

The cameras!

3 x Argus C-3's (First 35mm I used in the 1970's, one that belonged to my late father. Fully manual, no batteries required. Quite a few accessories)
Minolta X-700 (Purchased in Asia, late 1983 to early 1984 - hoards of lenses and about all the accessories I want or need)
Fuji X-H1 - (early 2021, using Minolta lenses)
Fuji A-X5 - (bought for my wife about a year ago, in attempt to get my X-H1 back from her. I still love her. The only camera I have named... "The Axe." It's married, with a divorce option, to a Fuji 16mm/2.8 bought to verify auto focus functionality of all my Fuji Cams still under the 6 months used warranty. It is actually a nice, very small, 24MP "Bayer" camera, not no viewfinder - LCD only. That makes it weird. )
Fuji X-T1 (Purchased to get my jollies soon after The Axe failed to recover my X-H1. Enlightening. Much easier to learn. I dig it.)

I shoot any type of photography based on where I am and what I am doing. Well, no nude photos or anything remotely close to that, meaning no sexual photograph. The only thing I do indoors is macro (current avatar - a handfull of small Amber stones, not the fires of hell).

I am on vacation, now fully caffeinated, so I will now don my hack electrician hat, leave the comfort of the main part of my castle, and do some wiring in the dungeon. Luckily most of our circuits are 110 VAC :D

I wish you all good light!

Welcome. I think you'll fit in nicely here.

200.gif

- K

Hiya DM - I am already on my first break and decided to look here :dance2:

C'mon, now "hoblett" is Jonglish 101. I assume you speak Jonglish. Jonglish will one day be the dominant language, soon after the Earths people meld into one common culture, once we are all alike. For now, remember you are unique, just like eeeeeeveryone else. OMGosh I forgot the Jonglish TOS: Users of the Jonglish Language (Jonglish), invented by a redneck hack just a few days ago, shall not be liable for loss of life, limb, nor eyesight (the most common self inflicted loss) of other people or entities who choose to read and or attempt to understand Jonglish. Reading or listening to any Jonglish transmitted by any current or future media constitutes agreement to this TOS. Violators of this agreement may or may not result in being friended or unfriended on FB by an ambiguous group of us (us, we, they, them. you, me). :daz:

2nd C-3 was bought at a yard sale because I was curios about the this non-colormatic model. 1990 or 1991. 3rd came along about a week ago, purchased for the lenses, filters and other accessories. This last one is in much better condition than the first two. I think it's worth a lot of money, upwards to $30. I only paid $50 for it. How do you think I ended up living free of debt in a large, 750 sq. ft. Castle? Certainly not by saving money. :boohoo:

How did I miss that emojithing is Vulcan? I am a self proclaimed Star Trek expert! Where's the Star Trek Light Saber? :alien:

Hiya DM - I am already on my first break and decided to look here :dance2:

C'mon, now "hoblett" is Jonglish 101. I assume you speak Jonglish. Jonglish will one day be the dominant language, soon after the Earths people meld into one common culture, once we are all alike. For now, remember you are unique, just like eeeeeeveryone else. OMGosh I forgot the Jonglish TOS: Users of the Jonglish Language (Jonglish), invented by a redneck hack just a few days ago, shall not be liable for loss of life, limb, nor eyesight (the most common self inflicted loss) of other people or entities who choose to read and or attempt to understand Jonglish. Reading or listening to any Jonglish transmitted by any current or future media constitutes agreement to this TOS. Violators of this agreement may or may not result in being friended or unfriended on FB by an ambiguous group of us (us, we, they, them. you, me). :daz:

2nd C-3 was bought at a yard sale because I was curios about the this non-colormatic model. 1990 or 1991. 3rd came along about a week ago, purchased for the lenses, filters and other accessories. This last one is in much better condition than the first two. I think it's worth a lot of money, upwards to $30. I only paid $50 for it. How do you think I ended up living free of debt in a large, 750 sq. ft. Castle? Certainly not by saving money. :boohoo:

How did I miss that emojithing is Vulcan? I am a self proclaimed Star Trek expert! Where's the Star Trek Light Saber? :alien:
Right here!:jedi: Welcome, indeed.

Back