Software You may be entitled to a free copy of Topaz' new Sharpen AI.

bilzmale

Hall of Famer
Name
Bill Shinnick
Released last week this new AI-based sharpening app is available from

It is free to owners of Topaz In Focus or the Complete Bundle. Apparently Topaz is emailing upgrade tokens to those eligible but I found my token in my online account.

First impressions are that it does a good job but is painfully slow needing a lot of cpu/gpu and ram power. It runs standalone or as a plugin. Free 30 day trial with no crippling so may be worth a look. Priced at $79 with a $20 intro discount at the moment.

No batch option and it only accepts jpg, tiff or png (no RAW).

Sharpen AI is indeed amazing and I've been testing out on a few images here and there.

One thing to note that is supposed to be fixed at the next update in a few weeks is the loss of EXIF data.

I realized it a few days ago that images I was posting here or on Flickr didn't have the EXIF showing and tracked it down to Sharpen AI.

I reported it to Topaz. I'm also having an issue with using CTRL+S to save overtop an existing file. I have to get my logs and such to them so they can diagnose. Tech support said that was a new one they had not had reported before.

Just wanted to give people a heads up.

They are issuing regular updates and it is getting faster and operates full screen and with more file types.
Topaz has also issued Denoise AI - same deal- free upgrade if you own the earlier Denoise.

They are issuing regular updates and it is getting faster and operates full screen and with more file types.
Topaz has also issued Denoise AI - same deal- free upgrade if you own the earlier Denoise.

I've owned the Topaz products since they were originally released. The teams have always been responsive with bug fixes and I have not paid for any upgrades at all since my initial purchase. I did not buy InFocus, so had to buy Sharpen AI...but that is a good $70 spent.

I also notice that they keep plugging away at performance enhancements as well. The original Denoise, when first released, was dog slow and churched away forever. They got it down from 10's of seconds for previews and processing down to between 2-5 seconds. for previews.

Now, if they could build into the stand alone products a way to batch process (Especially for Denoise AI) so that I don't have to build Photoshop CC actions...that would be awesome. I ask this solely because I'm being lazy about it and don't want to spend the time to build the batch processing actions. LOL

Back