Your best three images from the last year.

After spending New Year's Eve 2020 in the cardiac ICU recovering from heart surgery I finally was able to do some photography this past year that I am proud of.
View attachment 282939View attachment 282940View attachment 282941
Hope your heart is recovered and OK now. What was the problem? Open chest procedure? They are real fun ...

After my mitral valve was replaced (2003), the electrics failed in May 2018, and I have since had two different ablations and a pacemaker. My heart's much better, but different. At least mine is not physically damaged.

I particularly like the alignment of the planes. Terrific timing.

I'll play!

DSC09922-X4.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

DSC00231-X4.jpg

i-F7zwvSF-X4.jpg

Hope your heart is recovered and OK now. What was the problem? Open chest procedure? They are real fun ...

After my mitral valve was replaced (2003), the electrics failed in May 2018, and I have since had two different ablations and a pacemaker. My heart's much better, but different. At least mine is not physically damaged.

I particularly like the alignment of the planes. Terrific timing.
Had a quad bypass as a few of the arteries were clogged.

The planes were flying right overhead as I was in my front yard, patiently waiting for them to return to base from practicing for the Huntington Beach air show. My newly acquired used A9 worked well.

Had a quad bypass as a few of the arteries were clogged.

The planes were flying right overhead as I was in my front yard, patiently waiting for them to return to base from practicing for the Huntington Beach air show. My newly acquired used A9 worked well.
Ouch! That's really nasty when they get into stripping veins all over your body to replace the clogged arteries. Worse than 'just' the sternum split ...

Very serendipitous alignment of the planes. Glad your new camera worked well for you.

I don’t know about my three best, but these are my three favorites… TODAY. That could change tomorrow.

Amaryllis
amaryllis2.jpg

Winter Flowers
AmaryllisStudy01.jpg

This one’s already been posted in another thread, but it’s one of my favorites so…
The Edge
The Edge.jpg

Trying to pick my 'best 3' is basically impossible. More a reflection on the fact that either a) I can't make up my mind, or b) my criteria and choices seem to be constantly changing. But here is (or are) my current best guess at choosing, in the order of the dates they were taken---

First, taken near Bandon on the Oregon coast.

X30_Mar11_21_Puffin_sculpture.jpg

Second, taken while burning a pile of brush in the garden - behind which the visiting neighbor's kid can be glimpsed, jumping up and down.

RX10_Apr4_21_burn_pile_fire#2.jpg

Third, of an abandoned, rusty propane tank, just outside of Ashland, Oregon.

XPro3_Sept5_21_old_propane_tank.jpg

Hmmm....3 pictures, each taken with a different camera. I guess the best camera is really the one you have with you.

Back