Your favourite photograph

BillN

Hall of Famer
Name
Bill
I've been in the UK for a few days, came for a wedding amongst other things - took quite a few shots of the wedding plus this and that and have loads of past images on my Laptop which I was showing to a friend, (after the wedding images).

Now he said "what your favourite?" - got me thinking - I just don't have one ...... not at all ......... am I strange?

Is that unusual? - maybe it's because I'm never satisfied with any from the "photographic" standpoint ........ I always see something wrong

That's the problem with Forums - if I went back to "snapping" all would be OK ........ maybe

What do you think? ......... other people's images tend to be my favourites

I don't think I have a favorite yet. But one's that vie for the favorite position are ones of loved ones or whatever recent really good image I have taken. I often fall into the trap that I'm only as good as my most recent good shot..... and then I look at it a bit longer and see how it could have been improved. Ultimately I find most of my own shots disappointing on some level.

i become more and more dissatisfied with my photographs.
very occasionally i look at some of my older ones and think "yes, that's a well made image that does something", but I have an ever-increasing sense of my poverty both of technical skill and "vision".
it does seem a waste of 40-odd years of pressing shutter-releases not to have learned much in so doing.

On flickr I have photo's that are most popular to other people but they don't necessarily correlate to the ones I like the best. I don't think i have any one favourite photo, though there are several that I'm more pleased with than the rest.

Edit. This has prompted me to go and have a look to see if I can work out if there is a commonality between those images.

I have many favorites. After almost 50 years, I better have or otherwise I'd be washing the car or painting the bathroom.
One has to be able to look back at ones work in order to move forward.....The favorites are the benchmark of progress....
Don

My current favorite

To date, my favorite photo is one I have taken recently (because it is personal to me) - it is a photo of my daughter dressed for a shot used in an invite for a Jubilee event.

Miss_She_Unique.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Wow thanks that is praise indeed.

I wanted to use the X100 and was so pleased with the results went with this image for the invite. The lens is so sharp that I had to copy and use Gaussian blur to soften elements of the image.

I am still amazed at the quality of image the X100 produces and love the silent shutter operation.

I think that I tend to favour my more recent photos since they are the most up-to-date reflection of where I am at as a photographer. As time goes by I get more critical of older photos. Recently I had a large number of prints made, the majority of which were images I had taken this year. My wife said that she would have preferred that I had printed some more of our travel photos from the last five years, but for me those images were the then, whilst the ones I had printed were the now.

As for choosing just one favourite, you ask too much...

Back