Fuji Your wish list for the X-Pro 2 ?

If faster AF is possible with the existing lenses, that would be nice. But if not, I'm OK with the current level of auto focus. And as long as there's either a physical or virtual distance scale somewhere on the camera, zone focus can work when the AF isn't fast enough. So I'm cool with it. Other than that, I'm sure the sensors will continue to get better and while the current sensors are more than adequate for my needs, better is always better, even when the returns are diminishing. I'm not really interested in any additional whiz-bangery for the X-Pro - I quite like its simplicity and straight-forward approach. I have an OMD for when I want FEATURES and cool stuff. The X-Pro is just an awesomely straight-forward camera. So other than a weak wish for better AF, my greatest hope is just that they don't screw up a good thing by "improving" it in the wrong direction. Its a pretty effing wonderful camera just as it is, with some damn fine lenses...

-Ray

Couldn't have said it better no matter how hard I tried.

No need to have an "happy as it is" option. I'm sure folks who are happy with the XPro1 just as it is will continue to be happy with the XPro1 regardless of how the XPro2 turns out to be, right? The best thing about people who are happy as it is with the XPro1 is that they won't have to spend another dime on a new camera -- which is always very good for the pocket book!!

Alas, we all know GAS strikes when we least expect!!

Would be nice to have the option in the poll of 'Happy As It Is...'

I know Fuji will iterate and make a camera that works well for me even better, but I don't have any current gripes.

I often wonder if some of the things people ask for are as a result of paper comparison with other cameras. Are these things part of a feature list, or are they benefits that people really need? It would be interesting to hear from people real world examples of how the absence of listed items is currently restricting their use of the camera.

No need to have an "happy as it is" option. I'm sure folks who are happy with the XPro1 just as it is will continue to be happy with the XPro1 regardless of how the XPro2 turns out to be, right? The best thing about people who are happy as it is with the XPro1 is that they won't have to spend another dime on a new camera -- which is always very good for the pocket book!!

Alas, we all know GAS strikes when we least expect!!

Perhaps you are right. Of course it's up to the OP what to include in the options. For me a forum like this is richer than DPR because it isn't all about the next best; there is thoughtful discussion about cameras as they relate to photography. Knowing if people are happy as is can be a useful guide to potential buyers.

This directs my curiosity about the why of requested features. What is the reason for wanting these things? Sometimes an answer will get me thinking in a new way about an opportunity I had not considered. Being happy with a camera as is doesn't preclude buying a new one. It just means I am happy and yet open to ideas, as long as they are not just wish lists to create the camera with the most features, regardless of the impact on using it as a photographic tool. I suppose it boils down to GAS not being an issue for me, but I am interested in things people actually use.

Perhaps you are right. Of course it's up to the OP what to include in the options. For me a forum like this is richer than DPR because it isn't all about the next best; there is thoughtful discussion about cameras as they relate to photography. Knowing if people are happy as is can be a useful guide to potential buyers.

This directs my curiosity about the why of requested features. What is the reason for wanting these things? Sometimes an answer will get me thinking in a new way about an opportunity I had not considered. Being happy with a camera as is doesn't preclude buying a new one. It just means I am happy and yet open to ideas, as long as they are not just wish lists to create the camera with the most features, regardless of the impact on using it as a photographic tool. I suppose it boils down to GAS not being an issue for me, but I am interested in things people actually use.

For me, personally, it all boils down to being able to use an XP/XE for as many photographic purposes as possible. For example, a faster and more accurate AF makes life easier to take photos of moving subjects in a variety of lighting conditions. Similarly, a faster refresh rate on the EVF also allows tracking the subject better without smearing. Face detection would help to keep the subject in focus and frame the portrait without having to focus/recompose or move the AF point.

I think we can all agree, as the OP wrote, that most of the folks here like the X cameras. I doubt that any of us would want any of the proposed improvements to change the essence of the X cameras (classic nostalgic looking and direct controls). I know I would dump the OMD in a heartbeat if Fuji would give me the aforementioned improvements. Fortunately, I think we'll see at least two out of three in the next generation of XP/XE cameras.

Back