Fuji Zach Arias on Crop or Crap sensors

Phoenix

All-Pro
Name
Phoenix Gonzales
Crop or Crap: Math or Moment

I saw this a couple of days ago and he does touch on some very enlightening and sobering facts about gear, particularly sensor size.

Whether you subscribe to his point of view or not one cannot deny that Zach Arias is a working professional who chooses to shoot with an APSC sensor for paid jobs, and if anything else he is certainly very entertaining to watch and presents a very compelling argument.

Y'know what? I sigh inwardly when I see content in video format. I like to read; I read quicker than people present, and I find I absorb more of the content. I don't really like this sort of video - I think it harks back to my detestation of school, and of being lectured. I can watch TV, but find it hard to press the button on something like this - strange, eh?

But.

This is something else. I think it should be required viewing for anyone who even contemplates expressing an opinion on FF vs APS-C.

Excellent. Thanks for sharing.

I know what you mean. I do follow ZA from time to time, some of what he says I agree with, and some I don't, I do find him entertaining though. Similarly the DigitalRev youtube channel that seems so popular is mostly loaded with silliness but I do find them entertaining from time to time, probably akin to the 3 stooges with photographic gear.

I'm surprised ZA isn't on the Fuji payroll (well according to him anyway), I reckon he would make an excellent official spokesperson for them.

IIRC, Zack is frequently booked as a Fuji spokesperson. I'd be surprised not to see him presenting at Photokina. He's doing a very good job.

Y'know what? I sigh inwardly when I see content in video format. I like to read; I read quicker than people present, and I find I absorb more of the content. I don't really like this sort of video - I think it harks back to my detestation of school, and of being lectured. I can watch TV, but find it hard to press the button on something like this - strange, eh?
Thank you, Bill, for spelling out my thoughts on the subject precisely and concisely!
But.

This is something else. I think it should be required viewing for anyone who even contemplates expressing an opinion on FF vs APS-C.

Excellent. Thanks for sharing.
yeah that was great indeed!

Back