Fuji Zeiss Touit Lenses for Fuji X Mount

It's true... but I believe it's a price problem.
I have a bronica sq-a and the only lens I have is the 50mm equivalent. 35mm and 50mm for my nikon f4. 20mm for my om-d because the 25mm was not selling for decent prices.
I bought an x100 that counts as 35mm an would like to get the xpro1 with the 35 BUT... 550 € for the 35mm fuji plus 900 € for the 32mm zeiss? People that starts with the first X camera could choose the zeiss instead of the fuji IF the quality is much better (almost double the price and 2/3 ev slower is hard to swallow for me... ) and fuji 35mm owners will have hard times justifying the expense (with that money you could buy the 14mm or save for the next long prime...)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using FujiXspot mobile app

Just a quick addendum to this post. I was in my local dealer today (LCE in Guildford). They are going to stock the Zeiss lenses and the manager and one of the staff had just come back from a day of dealer training and orientation delivered by a Zeiss chap. UK price for the 32mm will be £695. Martyn (the manager) showed me some samples he had taken (on a NEX). At 100% enlargement the edge to edge sharpness was enough to cut you...

...he is going to give me a ring when they are in - I told him not to, but...

So are you telling me now that I have to sell the Fuji 35 and buy the zeiss 32 instead? :doh:

I already read that the bokeh of the zeiss is super.

ah well, I guess I have to live with my decision. ;)

I am looking forward to seeing your photos with the lens-that-the-dealer-should-not-call-you-about!

Peter

Just a quick addendum to this post. I was in my local dealer today (LCE in Guildford). They are going to stock the Zeiss lenses and the manager and one of the staff had just come back from a day of dealer training and orientation delivered by a Zeiss chap. UK price for the 32mm will be £695. Martyn (the manager) showed me some samples he had taken (on a NEX). At 100% enlargement the edge to edge sharpness was enough to cut you...

...he is going to give me a ring when they are in - I told him not to, but...

So, for those interested in the Touit 12mm, I am currently testing one for the next week for review (I'll post when my review is done). However, I did some tests against the Fuji 14mm, and while the Zeiss is very good, the Fuji 14mm is just a little bit better. The Zeiss is also much harder to deal with in my bag, simply due to the much larger diameter of the front of the lens and the hood. It's not much bigger than the Fuji, but WHERE it's bigger causes some issues.

Anyway, full writeup with comparison crops, etc, is here: Zeiss Touit 12mm f/2.8 vs Fujinon 14mm f/2.8 R @ Admiring Light

Very cool write-up Jman13.

I waited for the 12 before deciding on the 12 or 14. I'm a huge Zeiss fan, but the Fuji won out based on common sense. I've had the 14 for a week now and I'm very pleased with the results and my choice.

_DSF4771-L.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Zeiss 12mm

_DSF4781-L.jpg

Zeiss 12mm

_DSF4896-X3.jpg

Zeiss 32mm

_DSF4885-X3.jpg

Zeiss 32mm

Back