Zeiss Touit lenses for Sony nex E/Fuji X mounts

serhan

Hall of Famer
Zeiss blog updated their website, now calling the lenses touit:
We reveal the best-kept secret about the new family of lenses for mirrorless systems cameras | Camera Lens Blog

Specs:
Touit 2.8/12
Dimensions (with caps) E: 81 mm (3.19″) X: 86 mm (3.39″)
Diameter of focusing ring E, X: 65 mm (2.56″)
Weight E: 260 g (0.57 lbs) X: 270 g (0.60 lbs)
Touit 2.8/12 data sheet

Touit 1.8/32
Dimensions (with caps) E: 72 mm (2.83″) X: 76 mm (2.99″)
Diameter of focusing ring E, X: 65 mm (2.56″)
Weight E: 200 g (0.44 lbs) X: 210 g (0.46 lbs)
Touit 1.8/32 data sheet

The Touit leaflet
According to Fujirumors, Australian photo shop, that is taking preorders, put AU$1500 (~$1550) preliminary pricing on the lenses. The official announcement will be in one week...

I think a 'touit' is also a central and south American parrot. Still not emotive as 'sonnar' though. Biogon sounds a little like the Australian slang word Bogan which basically means an unsophisticated and or uneducated person.

Regardless, here's hoping it's yet another nice lens.

"Sonnar", "Biogon", "Planar" etc are lens designs and refer to the number and configuration of lens elements. Leica, on the other hand, use lens names to indicate lens speed. Thus, generally speaking, "Noctilux" is f1, "Summilux" f1.4, "Summicron" f2.0, "Elmarit" f2.8, "Elmar" f3.5, and so on.

"Touit" sounds like something some spotty marketeer has come up with. It brings to mind the old gag about "a round touit" as in I'll get a round touit."

As my dear, sweet little old mother always used to say, "Never eat, drive or wear something named by a committee..."

Sent from another Galaxy

From the rumor sites, offical prices for the new Zeiss Touit lenses:
Touit 32mm f/1.8 for 799 Euro/ $900
Touit 12mm f/2.8 for 1099 Euro/ $1250

Back