Fuji Zeiss Touit Normal lens

Here's an example (not mine) of an excellent example of great glass!

Golden hour, no chromatic aberrations on the railing, the orange of her tattoo's is orange, clarity is second to none.

WOW!

11941113094_87391009a4_b.jpg

I already spent more than a week of my life writing a comprehensive review comparing Touit and Fujinon. :)

You should have included that article/info in the books.. very good stuff.

Zeiss lenses are at their best and sharpest at low aperture numbers, the Fujinons are more conventional and will deliver optimal results at moderate apertures like 5.6 or 8. And while the Touit 1.8/32 shines at close range even when shot wide open, the XF35mmF1.4 delivers stunning overall detail at moderate ranges to infinity.

For my style of shooting (Street Shooting at Night, Indoor Lighting) the Zeiss lends itself more.. and I see a lot more micro-contrast and punchier colors with the Zeiss lenses. The pricing is closer with the recent rebate/sale- so it's a matter of what you like more.

They do indeed.
Very nice comparison!

It's no surprise and no coincidence, as Fuji designs its lenses deliberately that way. I have recently seen a 20+ pages presentation named "Beyond MTF" that is outlining Fujinon's XF lens strategy. There's a section talking about the "sweet spot" of XF lenses:

At the brightest F stop, XF lenses maximize
the performance at center and enable to express
beatiful bokeh at corner of lens.

At a middle aperture, the performance of XF lenses
is maximized through the whole area
to express sharp image even at corner.

Back